• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RUMOR - Mount Snow not opening on Thanksgiving Weekend...

pepperdawg

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

trying to insult JW for his choice in real estate purchase is either A. trolling or B. being a dick. Take your pick HWS, but avoid it.

Click the BAN button...............do it!!!!!!!!!!!! do it...you know it would make you (and many others) feel good!!!!!

drjeff

good to know! How do you think the crowds will be? Will you be one of the top 10 skiers on the mountain or will it be a light weekend and you'll be in the top three?

roflmao!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2knees

I tend to agree. What would the off-season be without multi-page, passionate, unreasonably personal homer vs. hater threads?

gonna agree with this. there's nothin left to talk about and the snow is in Beijing. might as well have a few threads like this....

mlctvt

Good to know! How do you think the crowds will be? Will you be one of the top 10 skiers on the mountain or will it be a light weekend and you'll be in the top three?

ROFL - He's #1 remember the ski-off! LOL

catsup948

I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

The only Beast I know is Berkshire East.... a true gem down here in southern New England.

So will there be skiing anywhere south of Killington Thanksgiving Day weekend?

drjeff

I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

The only Beast I know is Berkshire East.... a true gem down here in southern New England.

So will there be skiing anywhere south of Killington Thanksgiving Day weekend?

If the long range forcast is true (and I know that that's a big if), by turkey day WEEKEND you'll see a number of ski areas South of K coming on line. If it stays "stuck in neutral" as it has been recently, then K may be the furthest South that lift served will be turkey day weekend

Highway Star

i work at mount snow and can tell you we will more likely than not be closed until after thanksgiving. the outlook does not look good.

Ok....but what about the Friday and Saturday right after Thanksgiving? Those are the big days.

Highway Star

So, I guess they are going to hold off on an announcement as long as possible.....

Highway Star

x2. Amazing how much he rants and raves about a place he's probably been to once or twice.

I've actually skied there extensively, back in the late 90's, attended the x-games when it was there, and have also mountain biked there multiple times. I also skied there in the 80's(?) right after they stopped using the gondola.

Last edited: