• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sandwich Mtn.'s

skiguy

Anyone know anything about B.C. and tele skiing in this area? I'm looking to do metal-edged kick-and-glide day trips from Sandwich to Waterville Valley with some good downhill runs. From there I might consider over-nights.

skiguy

ERf.

Well, thanks for contributing a message. I've got the maps, but haven't much else. Right now it doesn't look like there's enough cover to go in there, either.

David Metsky

Website
www.hikethewhites.com
There are some nice tours to be had. A nice short trip is up to the Greeley Ponds. You start at the Livermore Road and turn left onto the Greeley Ponds trail soon after that. The descent isn't that challenging, but it's a nice tour.

You can also branch off on the Kancamagaus Brook trail part way up the Greeley Ponds trail and loop up to the height of land on the Livermore Road. Again, the descent isn't thrilling but if you look in the trees on either side of the Livermore Road you can find some interesting places to get some turns.

I've seen ski tracks on the Welch-Dickey loop but that's not really a kick-n-glide loop.

-dave-

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I was just on the Greeley Ponds Trail from the Kanc side on Sunday. The cover was there but the occasional rock poked through. Plenty of ski tracks in the snow visible on the edges of the trail. If Sunday night's snow had any accumulation, you're pretty close to being able to go.

skiguy

Love this!!!

Thanks for all the feedback. If I get in there, I'll report back. I know this guy that wants to snowshoe the area, but I have passed on it. The trouble would be that he doesn't have a car, snowshoes or any other gear. Somehow I get the feeling that I would be carrying him.