• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saturday after Christmas

dlague

Anyone ski gunstock today. Heading there tomorrow free ticks good time to use them up I assume.

Did you go? I was there Friday night and it was loose granular dust on bullet proof. Needed good edges. I don't mind those conditions but it is not for everyone.

Last edited:

WWF-VT

107 trails yesterday at sugarbush, 59 today

All the natural snow trails are closed. Yesterday was surprisingly good on groomers all over the mountain. Rain stopped and heading out to ski now. Looks like the last soft snow day for a while....

yeggous

the Cat has Upper Wildcat, Top Cat, and Lift Lion open ungroomed and the snow is soft (for now). All the lower mountain ungroomed is closed due to running water, but they base is deep.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

rocks860

All the natural snow trails are closed. Yesterday was surprisingly good on groomers all over the mountain. Rain stopped and heading out to ski now. Looks like the last soft snow day for a while....

Yeah I was there yesterday. The morning was good, ripcord was really nice, but the afternoon turned into a mess. I took sleeper for my first run an it was moguls top to bottom, I've never seen it like that.

603Skier

Did you go? I was there Friday night and it was loose granular dust on bullet proof. Needed good edges. I don't mind those conditions but it is not for everyone.

I did go on Saturday. similar conditions. I skied within 5 feet of the tree line where the sugar piled up. Also spent the end of the day ducking ropes onto trails that the sun baked all day. Not bad at all there. One good thing I like about gunstock is you can toss your empties into a can straight ahead atop the main lift and continue right on to the outhouses. Can't stand ski areas that have no garbage cans. It can be dangerous skiing with an empty and I'm not willing to litter no matter the cost. The conditions were so that we had time to drop the tailgate and cook up some grug and kick back a little. But now its time for some more powder. Thinking of checking out cardigan this week to see if there is a base so if we do get some dumps.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
We were at Bretton Woods on Christmas and the base held up well. Ungroomed was soft and heavy. Any natural terrain took a beating. Driving by Cannon - the front trails, Mittersill and Cannonball got whacked. Anything with snowmaking survived but will probably be boiler plate after tonight.

How was the skiing at Bretton, Cannon and Gunstock for you and the gang? did you get those pics? http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...-26-14-Weather?p=878835&viewfull=1#post878835