• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saturday after Christmas

Cornhead

Sticking with my home hill, Greek Peak. Scotty and JimG will be at Elk. Scotty asked me to join them, and I'm sure they'll have more open at Elk than Greek, but since I have a season's pass at Greek, it'll be "free". We're all hooking up at Hunter New Year's Day, along with Spring Mountain High, and Crex. Better to spend my ski dollars then, me thinks, snowstorm for next weekend? Wednesday night would be perfect. Looked, and felt, more like Easter than Christmas today. Corn harvest tomorrow.

603Skier

We were at Bretton Woods on Christmas and the base held up well. Ungroomed was soft and heavy. Any natural terrain took a beating. Driving by Cannon - the front trails, Mittersill and Cannonball got whacked. Anything with snowmaking survived but will probably be boiler plate after tonight.

I was there as well. I bet its a block of ice tomorrow.

603Skier

Anyone ski gunstock today. Heading there tomorrow free ticks good time to use them up I assume.

yeggous

I was there as well. I bet its a block of ice tomorrow.

Natural base is smoked. Groomers will be okay in the AM because they will groom it well. Get at it early before it gets ripped up.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

xwhaler

Skiing Pico now on sugar snow. Not bad actually. Natural trails got smoked

Attachments

• 1419691434356.jpg
    1419691434356.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 78

rocks860

Snow is also better than I expected. Sleeper is mogul city but the snow on ripcord wasn't bad and jester was nice and buttery. Gonna head over to mt Ellen now and check it out

yeggous

The groomers at the Cat are great today. Better than Bretton Woods at this point yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

xwhaler

Read in their conditions report they groomed summit glades. I've never heard of them doing that before. I didn't even think they could fit a groomer in there.

They can and they did. Still not too good. Up high was firmer down low spring like

ScottySkis

It all groomed today at Elk no mogul s on the blue trail under the old quad. Good snow to be found not bad day look s like as we waiting for lunch at Winter garden restaurant sun comes out that be sweet stay sun pm please.

rocks860

Mountain Ellen is hurting bad. Oh and right as I went to get on north ridge it stopped. I took like 3 runs and it still hasn't started yet

drjeff

Moderate crowds today at Mount Snow - Bluebird never really had more than a 5-8 minute wait, Grand Summit was mostly a 5 to 10 chair wait, Canyon and Nitro had 3 to 5 minute waits - empty on the North face + Sunbrook - trail volume seamed congested due to limited acreage - can't wait for snowmaking to resume in about 24hrs!!!!

Cornhead

Greek Peak was good, just not much open, hero snow groomers in the AM, corn snow in the PM with a few icy and bare spots here and there. Sunny and 50° in the afternoon.

Warp Daddy

Titus had about 1/3 of the mtn open .Hero snow early , then got cut into chowdah, heavy stuff . Skied with my family posse till 215 , 22 runs called ita day

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 61

Cannonball

Today, like yesterday, was not bad at all. I've seen a hell of a lot worse at this time of year, and I can think of much worse ways to spend a day. Dang it I just love to snowboard!

yeggous

Word is that Attitash and Bretton Woods were train wrecks today. This validates my decision to go to Wildcat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app