• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Expo

Edd

I've been to the last 2. I only went to the one last year because my girlfriend was working in one of the booths. I don't think the deals there are impressive. It's more useful for getting psyched for the season.

askstowell

I've been to the last 2. I only went to the one last year because my girlfriend was working in one of the booths. I don't think the deals there are impressive. It's more useful for getting psyched for the season.

I'm with you on this one. Daughter and I don't go for deals or anything involving trip reservations or things like that. We go so she can get stickers, pick up ski area literature/propaganda, and score a few freebie lift tickets here and there. Also daughter loves the SkiersEdge set up and you can't drag her from that piece of equipment. Maybe pick up an item or two at SkiMarket sales area and that's about it. We definitely use it to get "psyched for the season."

RISkier

We went last year. I don't recall buying much of anything but we had a good time. We'll try to go again this year though it's not a sure thing.

Sky

We went last year. I don't recall buying much of anything but we had a good time. We'll try to go again this year though it's not a sure thing.

I always "want" to go....but I never do. ALways something @ work during the weekdays, weekends are full already with catch-up and errends after working all week. *sad*

thetrailboss

Staff member
I went for two years. It's OK. I went for the stickers and coupons...I noticed that the drawings in the second year were not as good as they were the first.

reefer

Free Parking!

For us cheap bastards that want to avoid the $10.00-$12.00 parking fee - follow show directions from Route 93, go right past state police barracks and entrance to Bayside Expo Center on Day Boulevard. Dorchester Bay will be on your right, Columbus Park on your left. Pull into the public parking lot on the beach (right) which is 100 yards right after Expo entrance. There is some sort of city building there. If the lot is full there is another lot on the other side of the building. It's a short five minute walk over to Bayside Expo. I'm usually a Friday night attendee and get there about 4:00. Never had a problem finding a spot, although I have seen others doing this exact same thing. Check it out on Google Earth, good view of lot!
Good stoke. Ski Market has a great sale there. Other booths can get you good deals on glasses, gloves, socks, etc..........
Some ticket deals can be found, mostly two for ones and stuff like that at lesser known hills. Sometimes it just takes a little "smoozing" to show you have interest, or they might not even talk to you. I wear my ski club pin with my name on it and that seems to help. Guess they figure I'll spread the word to other members.
Have fun!
Think snow!
Keith

Rushski

Usually go for many of the reasons stated above...
Also, pick up the latest Meatheads' DVD (last year got a free pint glass!)
Talk to ski area reps I visit
Check out the new gear
Win a free pass or two
Grab trail maps

Basically just to get psyched up for the approaching season.

frozencorn

Never really found a deal at the Ski Market fest. I did purchase the Wildcat minipass there at the Expo last year, and at the show you ended up getting an extra midweek ticket (Sun-Thurs) for the same price ($120 or so), so it was four days for the normal price of 3. That's the best find I had there in years and am hoping to secure it again if offered.

Geoff

I went to the show a few times over the last 7 or 8 years.

I met the Int'l Sales Director for Termas de Chillan there and got a connection where I could book Chile trips via email. She gave me the 10% discount that would ordinarily be the commission to the travel agency. She's not attending this year... they're just doing Canada and Denver.

I had a winter where I was evaluating changing mountains. Sugarloaf had a show lodging special that you had to book in person. That's the only lodging deal I ever saw that was worth anything.

Now that I'm in Vermont, I have no plans to hit the show.

playoutside

We go every year. It's less about the deals and more a ritual of the season for us. Occasionally can grab a freebie -- more often than not they are early/late season or midweek -- but free is free! There are usually good ski & lodging deals available, esp from the Canadian and western resorts. Best to do some research in advance if you plan to book something -- some deals are not always so "special."

AMAC2233

Only about a week now. Every time I get on the red line...I get more and more psyched...it's not all that great when you're there, but it does mean the season is coming. which is great.

ccskier

I have been about 4-5 times, personally I find it pretty lame. There are less and less freebies now, etc... If I am in town for soemthing work related I will swing by, but definitely don't go out of my way to get to the show. Ski Market is a big joke, crappy gear at still relatively high prices. You can basically get the same soft goods at tj max. Do like bunping into people I know who work in the industry. The tramplone kids are usually good to watch, they are impressive.