• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

Smellytele

hammer

vandi518

^^^ Just a heads up all, and very easily overlooked as I did also this morning until taking a second look a few minutes ago, these are buy one get the second at 1/2 price.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
BOGOs

I'm getting pretty tired of these BOGOs. This is the year of the BOGO. Smart move for resorts - get two bodys on the slopes: 2x$10 burgers 2x$5 beer. Do it midweek when things are slow, even better. There's nothing to see here... move along now...

vandi518

I'm getting pretty tired of these BOGOs. This is the year of the BOGO. Smart move for resorts - get two bodys on the slopes: 2x$10 burgers 2x$5 beer. Do it midweek when things are slow, even better. There's nothing to see here... move along now...

I have to agree with you Bill, many more than I remember seeing in the last few years. I am surprised by today's jumponit, this one is surprisingly weak considering that all of the resorts listed have true 2 fer 1's out in various other forms and several have done JOI deals directly. I guess they are pulling out all the stops in an attempt to get people out to ski/ride the wrod on the half a dozen or less trails they have open...and after last night's rain that might be a stretch.

45 degrees and sunny is not what any of us are looking for on Dec. 22, downright depressing.

Smellytele

I may be the exception but they tend to work okay for me. I pack lunch and drink a beer or 2 in the lot after most of the time.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski Vermont Offers 10,000 Beginners Lessons for $29 in January

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/12/prweb9062208.htm

Ski Vermont Offers 10,000 Beginners Lessons for $29 in January

Specific age restrictions include:
Valid for ages 4 and over: Bolton Valley Resort
Valid for ages 6 and over: Smugglers’ Notch Resort, Stowe Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort
Valid for ages 7 and over: Burke Mountain Resort, Killington Resort, Pico Mountain, Okemo Mountain Resort
Valid for ages 8 and over: Jay Peak Resort
Valid for ages 13 and over: Bromley Mountain Resort, Mad River Glen, Mount Snow Resort, Stratton Mountain Resort