• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2011-12 Edition

mlkrgr

I'm getting pretty tired of these BOGOs. This is the year of the BOGO. Smart move for resorts - get two bodys on the slopes: 2x$10 burgers 2x$5 beer. Do it midweek when things are slow, even better. There's nothing to see here... move along now...

Agree with you there and many lodging deals do require 2 people to a room to get the price or otherwise the effective price goes way up. At least with lodging, you do have hostels when skiing alone. But even with hostels, the "deals" at places like SR when staying at a third party hotel are still significantly more $$ than say staying at Snow Cap Inn with 2 people per room. And many times, my friends don't want to ski when I want to and the ride up north for one day does become a bit stressful so that's how I figure the ski buses to be a deal. Ex. Sunday River is $67 for a ticket and ride + $4 to park in Woburn= $71; when the window rate is $80; I'd be spending more in gas and wear and tear on my car even to get to NH resorts that are say; 2 hours away if I'm looking at a $35ish (in SR's case $40) ticket when the distance to Woburn is taken out. If I figure that bus only is $35; ticket price is $36 although the imputed bus cost gets to be an inflated price if you're bringing a family of 4 or so on the bus if you do that since I'm sure it doesn't cost $140 to take any car to SR from Greater Boston.

dawn-ski

Woodward in Lincoln,todays Groupon

2 nights in a family suite for $189 including 2 breakfasts...they sell discounted tickets there for Cannon,and Loon.

gmcunni

Mount Snow - Jan 8

YOUTH PAY THEIR AGE DAY - January 8, 2012
• The original Youth Pay Their Age Day began at Mount Snow and is featured at numerous resorts.
• The concept is simple. All kids 18 & under can pay their age for a lift ticket on this select Sunday.
• If you’re 13 years old you pay $13 to ski or ride all day!

MEtoVTSkier

Blue Hills Weekday OR Weekend Twilight/Night Ski Tix $14

Lift ticket valid for anytime on weekdays or at twilight on weekends. (Twilight hours are 6 – 9 PM.)

$14 Lift Tix 51% off
$30 Lift Tix & Rental 47% off
$38 Lift Tix, Rental & Lesson 43% off

Blackout dates include:
January 14 – January 15, 2012
February 18 – February 19, 2012

Redeem by March 1, 2012

http://www.giltcity.com/boston?oeid...t=weekly10amm&ect=control&ept=topnav&eca=logo

playoutside

January 29th, Shawnee Peak $36 lift ticket for AAA members. Does anyone know off hand of any other AAA discounts at New England slopes?

Just looking at my AAA flyer before I toss it...

Berkshire East - save $5 anytime
Wachusett - Save $5 or 10 depending on time, requires advance purchase
Woodbury - Save $5
Catamount - save $5 sat or sun, non-holiday

rocojerry

Saddleback - by 1/13

PM me if you want to check out Saddleback before Jan 13th.
Two vouchers to fastest AZ responder by PM.

5" last 48 hours -- mostly green/blue open.

xwhaler

Bigrock Ski Area
Wintry weather (or lack thereof) got you down? Let us pick you up with a night of FREE skiing or snowboarding! Wednesday, Jan 4 you can ski or ride for FREE from 4-9p, thanks to the generous support of The Bank of Maine!..

montane

Waterville Valley, NH - Fri Jan 6, 2012 - first 200 with coupon $9.25

Hello everyone... :)

Waterville Valley, NH - Fri Jan 6, 2012 - first 200 with coupon $9.25;

"Join 92.5 the River on Friday, January 6th at Waterville Valley
Resort. Print the coupon below and be one of the first 200 to
present this coupon, and you'll receive a lift ticket for only $9.25.
Join the River's Ski Team for a fun filled Apres Ski Party in
T-Bars from 3-5pm."

http://www.wxrv.com/pages/pages.php?page=171

Direct link to coupon (jpg);
http://www.wxrv.com/upload/WatervilleValleyResortSkiandRideCoupon.jpg

bigbog

Y'know what I'd like to see.....an OPTION of eating or skiing.....and using all the sugar-laden fast-food coupons towards lift tickets!
Of course it'll NEVER Happen...lol.

That $30/day thing is nice Billski. ASC & Boyne did it($29) at SL as state-resident days, every Wednesday, and have continued...although now it's up to $39, but even that's been great for a whole season.

Last edited:

rocojerry

Sugarloaf - hotel+2 lift tickets 199$(weeknight), 2 hotel nights + 4 lift ticket $499

yesterdays boston groupon -- few days left...

http://www.groupon.com/deals/g1g-sugarloaf-boston-ma?c=all&p=4

•For $199, a one-night stay for two in a hotel, inn, or condo Sunday–Thursday and two lift tickets for Monday–Friday
•Or, for $499, a two-night stay for two in a hotel, inn, or condo Friday and Saturday and four lift tickets