• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tamarack Idaho

SkiDog

Anyone heard anything about this place or been there...looking for someplace "new" this season and their advertising has me interested...

Any thoughts or advice..Thanks

M

SkiDog

RIDEr said:
Never been there, but the latest backcountry movie "Sanctified" has some great clips from the area.

Idaho has some nice terrain. This place has like 2800vertical and isnt far from Boise for airport and whatnot....I think like 90 minutes..and that means not too far from Bogus Basin which is also pretty good if my memory serves correctly...it has been a while...like 15+ years HA... :)

M

Powderboard

Go to Mecca

Check out Kicking Horse if you are looking for something new. It has the best terrain I have seen in a very long time.

SkiDog

Re: Go to Mecca

Powderboard said:
Check out Kicking Horse if you are looking for something new. It has the best terrain I have seen in a very long time.

Ive heard the same thing..thats quite a bit farther away and there are soo many places I still need to get to here in the USA....eh..only time will tell....

you sure you arent DMC?? HAHAHHA

Thanks for the advice though..

M

Powderboard

Last winter I went out to Lake Louise. On DMC's recommendation, I drove out to kicking horse to give it a try, I ended up driving there the balance of my trip, becuase the place just floored me. It's a definate must ski!

SkiDog

Powderboard said:
Last winter I went out to Lake Louise. On DMC's recommendation, I drove out to kicking horse to give it a try, I ended up driving there the balance of my trip, becuase the place just floored me. It's a definate must ski!

Im sure it rocks....eventauly I hope to get to ALL OF THEM...Ha..I hope..

M