• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The first time in 5 years I have not skied in November :(

Bostonian

It is shaping up to be the first time in at least 5 years that I have not taken any turns in the month of November. Truly sad... However, the cold and the snow is bound to make it here. Last night I saw the new Warren Miller flick, and next Tuesday I am going to see the flick featuring Warren MIller in it! So have faith everyone, winter is around the corner, and there is a big dumping in the future, just when and where is still to be determined.

ERJ-145CA

Since I've only been skiing the last four seasons since a 19 year layoff I skiied in November the last 2 seasons so it's going to be the first time in 3 years I haven't skiied in November. When I was a kid I never skiied in November but I've come to expect it the last couple of years. Oh well, I'm shooting for 12/4 to start my season now, probably Mt. Snow because that will be the closest place open. If I can't get out on the fourth then it will have to be 12/11.

I go back to work on Saturday so this weekend is out for me.

Last edited:

tmcc71

me too

I could of if I went to K-ton or further up North. I chose not to support k ton as I prefer smaller, family type mountains. Nothing against the big guys I just think the small guys need my business more. Leave the crowds, yuppies, and carnival atmosphere for k ton, stratton and the like. That being said, enough warm and rainy, give me cold and snowy. Please bring the snow to Southern NH, Vt, and Ma.

hrstrat57

It is shaping up to be the first time in at least 5 years that I have not taken any turns in the month of November. Truly sad... However, the cold and the snow is bound to make it here. Last night I saw the new Warren Miller flick, and next Tuesday I am going to see the flick featuring Warren MIller in it! So have faith everyone, winter is around the corner, and there is a big dumping in the future, just when and where is still to be determined.

Lot longer than 5 yrs for me I think......

The good news is the golf bag is still in the trunk!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I say bring the snow even furthur south to north Jersey.

The ski resorts want that too cause it's widely known that even if there is skiing in northern NE, without snow on the ground in the big markets a large chunk the non-hardcore skiers/riders in the NYC or Boston areas are going to be thinking about skiing/riding. In the five years when I answered the 800-53-SUGAR line at the Bush call volume without exception spiked big time whenever the market areas got some snow.

I think that's how I first met Greg and IIRC I took good care of him. Everyone asked me "what is the Alpinzone?" Course, now he's a big shot and in a mogul gang. :wink: :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Thanks for reminding me that this is probably the first time in over 30 years I have not skied in November.....:evil::evil::evil:

Same here.

As for there being no lack of open areas, maybe true but all way too far away to make driving to ski on a WROD worth it.

Zand

I skied earlier this month, but this will be only the 2nd November in the last 7 or so that I don't ski Black Friday.

Warp Daddy

hey its NO big deal -- it'll happen when it happens, don't sweat the small stuff over which you zero control ----------you'll live longer take it from me