• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Whaleback Thread

VB

Website
www.thetechcentrics.com
hey Everyone, Ive been gone for quite some time now from this site, and I have decided to come back. I hope to start this thread to answer any questions that you might have about Whaleback, and what is going on over there. It took some convincing myself to do this, because thinking of whaleback in August is going to make me ski sick, but this is more than just skiing, its about the whole of whaleback, starting a new realm of a small, but great mountain tradition.

Their website, www.whaleback.com was down for a bit, but its back up and running, and I hear is going to grow hopefully more and more. If there is any news you have heard, or something that you would like to know, just post it, and someone will answer it for you.

thank you very much, the first thread for whaleback re-opening after 4 years was a big success, hopefully this will be too!!
vb :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump.

This article was in the Valley News today. My thanks to MissDaEast on NELSAP's board for pointing this out.

There is a lot of interest regarding this place and it is clear that last year was not a good year at all...with only about 10,000 skier days or so :eek: There has been some action there as of late....lots of activity in the bar and a nice BMX course.

One thing is certain though. If Whaleback is going to stay open, we need to ski and ride there. Their events page lists some good events including Meathead movies and jib sessions. For those who want snow, I hear that Evan is trucking crushed ice from the local ice rink to the slopes for these sessions :eek:

Their rates are pretty cheap. Their website is brand new.

So hopefully we can get some folks to give it a try and write a report. :wink:

SnowRider

I'm making plans to go up there for a day trip. I drove by on the way to Jay and they seem to have a pretty sweet park. Can anyone back this up?

Brn4353

Does anyone know what the hours are going to be? I seem to recall last year, they weren't open one some days or nights...any ideas? I went there twice afterwork midweek and it was fun. Will be back. Thinking about getting a nite pass. Great article in the VN yesterday about the place. Seems like last year was a learning experience. Glad that they are going to market for the local, family crowd! I'll be there for sure!

Joshua B

Whaleback article in the Nashua Telegraph: link

A snippet:
Behind the lodge at Whaleback Mountain in Enfield is a hole in the ground for which Evan Dybvig has big plans. In fact, it will be a foundation – literally – for a 10,000-square-foot indoor skate park and the crown jewel of Dybvig’s larger vision for the 150-acre Whaleback Mountain property he purchased last year.

But, for now, the skate park will have to wait.

“I came in here hoping we’d make a big splash,” Dybvig, 31, said one recent morning at the site. “But clearly we don’t have a 10,000-square-foot indoor facility or skate park.”