• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

yeah sure the weather was fun i guess but now we're skiing steins for 3 weeks (no way snowball is gonna make it past next weekend if even that)
You'd be surprised...Snowball has a decent amount of snow they can still move around. I'm not worried about it making it to this weekend at least. There have been years where it was a lot thinner/narrower and still they managed to make it last a lot longer than I expected.

Hawk

Exactly. And I would add that we pretty much on track with most years for this date. What, you didn't think this weekend was great? Full sun, 70+ degrees, top to bottom, live music. What's not to like Rob? LOL I think your standards are a bit too high.

cdskier

Exactly. And I would add that we pretty much on track with most years for this date. What, you didn't think this weekend was great? Full sun, 70+ degrees, top to bottom, live music. What's not to like Rob? LOL I think your standards are a bit too high.

Seriously...everything was skiing great (although I didn't check out Steins as my knee was bothering me and I didn't want to push it too much). Beautiful weather. Skiing in a T-Shirt from opening. Other than wishing there was more snow so more terrain was still open, I'd say it was pretty much one of the best spring weekends I can remember in a while.

SteezyRob

oh i enjoyed it, and it was great to ski heaven's gate and even super bravo with real spring conditions which i feel like i have enjoyed in a couple years, but i just would have rather it been a little cooler and maybe we'd have been able to keep some more trails for longer.

Lotso

Next 2 days will be very nice with colder temps at night. Will set things up well, then warm enough to corn.

cdskier

Good temps for them to move snow around at night. Looks like they're knocking down the whales on Steins tonight. Makes sense to do that as well when you have a colder night.

Lotso

Stein's groomed last night....go get it! I don't think it froze that hard- should be good by the time lifts open at 10.