• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Cheetah440

I saw that also but I did not see the price and where to purchase them. I already own a Valley house double chair that I paid $250 for. it is classic with wood slats. I restored the chair, installed all new stainless carriage bolts, sanded the wood slats and painted them vermont Green. Being original I feel that it is more nostalgic for me. The metal triple with the metal frame seats and pads would not be the same. Just my take. Wondering what they will charge. Last time the proceeds went to charity.
View attachment 62411
Amazing

Cheetah440

What type of crowds can be expected Sat? Given the fact that one mountain is shut down and the other is half closed, will everyone go elsewhere? Could it be a sneaky good day?

cdskier

I saw that also but I did not see the price and where to purchase them. I already own a Valley house double chair that I paid $250 for. it is classic with wood slats. I restored the chair, installed all new stainless carriage bolts, sanded the wood slats and painted them vermont Green. Being original I feel that it is more nostalgic for me. The metal triple with the metal frame seats and pads would not be the same. Just my take. Wondering what they will charge. Last time the proceeds went to charity.
View attachment 62411

Really nice job with that chair. I also have a Valley House one on my deck a few hundred yards away from you! Although mine is not restored at all and still in the original condition it came in.

HowieT2

So with all the talk about hg and cr being closed along with mt Ellen, I decided not to go to sb and went to mt snow instead. Well, all lifts were shut to start the day other than the terrain park. they got 2 lifts going around 11 but left most of the trails closed despite being eminently skiable.

slatham

If you’re thinking of skiing SoVT during a storm with strong winds you have look at Magic. Lower summit, heavy double and quad tucked in out of the wind. If they go on windhold you do not want to be anywhere outside lol…..

Lotso

Wow, the FB snark has reached new levels, especially around the Pride Weekend posts.

Lotso

Anyone feel the earthquake up in VT. Whole house shook here in NJ.
Didn't feel anything in Waitsfield. the one many years ago in the Plattsburgh area we felt, but not this one.

NY one today likely the Ramapo Fault- the one they built Indian Point nuclear power plant on...brilliant

cdskier

Anyone feel the earthquake up in VT. Whole house shook here in NJ.

Felt it in NJ in Bergen county. Co-workers that I was on a call with down near the Bridgewater/Somerset NJ area felt it as well. That was a good 10 seconds of the whole house shaking here.

cdskier

Will they be running the outpost double? They haven't much this year and that's the best terrain at pico. You can still hit it if they aren't but requires a short hike and a long runout.

The answer is apparently "yes".