• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Anyone know why Castlerock Lift is closed? Is it because of maintenance or conditions?

Conditions. I wish I took a screenshot yesterday of the webcam when it was zoomed in on CR Run so you could see what it looked like before the inch of snow we got last night. There were some pretty substantial bare spots yesterday. Today it "looks" fine on the webcam, but that's really just an inch on top of a lot of rocks and bare ground in some spots on CR.

Hawk

awesome. family is long time big fan of skinny pancake.
there's going to be a bridge and trail from back of the old smokehouse to the trails in the howe block. I think this spring/summer if im not mistaken.
Howie, is that really going to happen now that Akinson is gone? He was the driving force on that new trail and it was my understanding that he did all the leg work. Maybe I am wrong. I hope so. That would be a good add. I wish the smokehouse would open back up so we could end the ride with a freshly brewed ale. ;-)

HowieT2

Howie, is that really going to happen now that Akinson is gone? He was the driving force on that new trail and it was my understanding that he did all the leg work. Maybe I am wrong. I hope so. That would be a good add. I wish the smokehouse would open back up so we could end the ride with a freshly brewed ale. ;-)
I don't know but I thought it was funded and everything. where did John go?

ericfromMA/NH/VT

so true...when i lived in south royalton in the late 90's west lebbanon NH was the closest place to get groceries lol

djd66

Not only are the sandwiches delicious...but they are also an incredible value. $7 for a half sub!
Thanks for the tip. Warren store was gettIng very pricey at $15. And Paradise is like $12 for a tiny roll up - I think their sandwiches are more thank what I would pay at gatehouse lodge!

tumbler

What's become of the Warren Store is sad. Sandwiches are terrible and a rip off. The worst though was getting rid of the Ruetzler, the best egg sandwich ever. You can try to custom order piece it together but it is not the same. it got me through many a rough morning...Mehuron's deli very good. Also for burgers and other grill items the ICS is pretty good.