• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TJ Maxx Sale

gmcunni

Don't bother wasting your time going to the Southington store, not much there. The only thing they did have that you might be interested in were a few pairs of black Marker ski pants for $40(size medium and large)

thanks, skipped the drive up to southington and hit a ski shop + tj maxx closer to home today. spotted Marker pants for $30 but passed, already have a pair of black pants.

Glenn

Not much at the Keene NH store. Some Under Armour base layers, softshells, expensive spyder pants (seriously, $300?!?!?), $30-40 goggles (some polarized), bern helmets, and a plethora of columbia jackets and sessions pants. Easily the worst selection here in recent memory.

Didn't see any patagucci.

Thanks for posting that. We head over to Keene every so often. I've probably said it before in this thread....the selction for women is always better at the Keene store.

roark

Thanks for posting that. We head over to Keene every so often. I've probably said it before in this thread....the selction for women is always better at the Keene store.

Good point, I wasn't really paying attention to the ladies stuff - so women might do better.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Hate to say it, but it looks like stuff is trickling in and it maybe worth another visit.

I was on a mission to find a Marmot softshell for my brother. I got one for a good deal....less than half price at the Barre store. He told me saw one there, loved it, left it and went back two hours later to find that all of that size were gone.

Rutland: they have lots of Marmot and a few more Patagonia items. Lots of Columbia and other mid-level quality stuff. They have so much stuff that they have nowhere to put it. The men's section is bursting. Some Patagonia lifestyle clothing. Not much new in women's.

Middlebury: Well, this was NOT supposed to be in the Winter Promo. Guess what? Lots of Marmot Softshells, including the one my brother wanted. Lots of polypro from Marmot, Kombi, Rossignol. Women's stuff is about the same. I did get my wife a lighter CB fleece. It looked like good quality for layering and for $20 you could not beat it.

So as much as I hate to say it, if you need clothing, go every once in a while. Know what you need and snag it otherwise you will go nuts looking through all the stock...and there is now lots of it.

〽❄❅

You guys inspired me to do the MarshallMaxx thing. Scored a Cloudveil Zero-G pant in "Taupe", didn't have to get the black ones \o/
Wasn't the greatest deal @ $99/$265 msrp but not complaining either. Last season i picked up $400msrp "triple Gore-tex", Burton AK 3L Hover pant that started out there @$199 marked down to $89, though not for me 'cause they're snowboarding pants so i'm glad i found the Cloudveil's.
They also had a few Columbia titanium pants, the rest were the same as everyone else is finding.

SkiDork

〽❄❅;576079 said:
You guys inspired me to do the MarshallMaxx thing. Scored a Cloudveil Zero-G pant in "Taupe", didn't have to get the black ones \o/
Wasn't the greatest deal @ $99/$265 msrp but not complaining either. Last season i picked up $400msrp "triple Gore-tex", Burton AK 3L Hover pant that started out there @$199 marked down to $89, though not for me 'cause they're snowboarding pants so i'm glad i found the Cloudveil's.
They also had a few Columbia titanium pants, the rest were the same as everyone else is finding.

how do you pronounce your username?

SkiDork

It is Vulcan. It is not pronuncable in English.

Roger.

spock-vulcan-salute-20090521-094535.jpg

gmcunni

checked out Marshalls in Milford CT this weekend. place was a freaking zoo! not much of a ski clothing selection though they had some black CB softshell pants for $25 that tempted me.