• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

We are retiring the C.L.I.T.S. acronym (Help save highpeaksdrifter!)

tjf67

Touches a nerve, huh? Talk about hypersensitive. I thought you were on my side during all that? Comparing one night of drunken flaming to months of those guys busting my balls is a stretch, HPD.

Do you want the board? It's yours if you do. Free of charge. Really. Then you guys can let it turn into whatever shit show you want, and Whiteface will pull the link in a second, I'd imagine.

Take the offer up HDP. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Greg

Staff member
Not funny, but am I wrong? You're a good guy Pat, I'd like to ski with you again, but you told me yourself that you went over the line at SKIADK. You where not banned, but my friends where, is that fair?

Because Pat made a mistake on one night, manned up and apologized for it and like you said is generally a good guy. Can't say the same about your "friends" whom I gave the benefit of the doubt for months. After the fall out you said you supported my decision to ban them, but obviously that was bullshit. Solution? You take ownership of it.

highpeaksdrifter

Touches a nerve, huh? Talk about hypersensitive. I thought you were on my side during all that? Comparing one night of drunken flaming to months of those guys busting my balls is a stretch, HPD.

Do you want the board? It's yours if you do. Free of charge. Really. Then you guys can let it turn into whatever shit show you want, and Whiteface will pull the link in a second, I'd imagine.

Really, cause as moderator I have not kept that place PG13? You are always rushing in saving us from ourselves?

The ball busting did get out of hand, but that was a long time ago. It wasn't all one sided. The 3 people I mentioned are good people as are you and Pat. Sometimes things go overboard online. You've said as much yourself.

SKidds

lack-o-crystal-precip-itis.

I think THAT is what we are all suffering from.....a severe case. I guess this is the kind of ugly thing that happens when we don't have mid-winter conditions to focus our attention on in the middle of March.

tjf67

Or how about you Mr. Internet Tough Guy?

You keep referring to me as an internet tough guy. Where do you get that from? I am the same in person as I am on the internet.

As far as me taking it over. I dont know how nor have the desire to learn how.

highpeaksdrifter

Because Pat made a mistake on one night, manned up and apologized for it and like you said is generally a good guy. Can't say the same about your "friends" whom I gave the benefit of the doubt for months. After the fall out you said you supported my decision to ban them, but obviously that was bullshit. Solution? You take ownership of it.

If you didn't ban them you said the sight would be shut down. You did shut it down for weeks. They where wrong, but so where you. You can fan flames pretty good when you want to. I'm just sayin it's time to let by gones be by gones.

I don't know what having the board free of charge means. I have no idea how to set one up or maintain one. Every time I have a tech problem I have to turn it over to you and you know that.

tjf67

I think THAT is what we are all suffering from.....a severe case. I guess this is the kind of ugly thing that happens when we don't have mid-winter conditions to focus our attention on in the middle of March.

I agree. I am off to a dat wtih Mr. Whiteface. Have to go ski some bumps before the monsoon that is coming in the next three days washes them all away.

Be back late sally i will miss u. Kisses

Greg

Staff member
Really, cause as moderator I have not kept that place PG13? You are always rushing in saving us from ourselves?

The ball busting did get out of hand, but that was a long time ago. It wasn't all one sided. The 3 people I mentioned are good people as are you and Pat. Sometimes things go overboard online. You've said as much yourself.

I haven't been over there to do much of any more than activating accounts all season so I really wouldn't know what goes on. I guess I'll take your word for it that they're good people, but I struggle with the fact that there aren't some serious personality flaws there. When you crack on someone you don't even know who set up a forum as a courtesy for months and months on end, there's something up. Someone blowing up once in a while is different. How wasn't it one-sided? I never did anything to any of those people.

gmcunni

I get that. Totally. But, what's the solution? Ban Sundown talk? If anything is totalitarian, trying to direct the discussion in a different direction is. People should be able to discuss what they're passionate about, myself included.

Passion is a great thing. i wish i had more of it, it is something I try to instill in my kids.

As for a solution, there is none. Obviously you can't ban talking about sundown or any other place. I'm not the most active/vocal guy around here but i've found myself canceling a post here and there where i was about to (for lack of a better word) hijacking a thread with sundown comments. my choice because i "sense" too much sundown talk.

just my 2 cents.

Greg

Staff member

Ha ha! Totally.

You keep referring to me as an internet tough guy. Where do you get that from? I am the same in person as I am on the internet.

Might not want to admit that part...

If you didn't ban them you said the sight would be shut down. You did shut it down for weeks. They where wrong, but so where you. You can fan flames pretty good when you want to. I'm just sayin it's time to let by gones be by gones.

Thought it was water under the bridge which is why I posted that in a light-hearted way. Obviously, you're still sensitive over it.

I don't know what having the board free of charge means. I have no idea how to set one up or maintain one. Every time I have a tech problem I have to turn it over to you and you know that.

Meaning you set up an account with the host with your credit card, and I transfer it over to you. Same for the domain name. Then you guys can run it any way you want and let whoever you want post there.

Grassi21

Or how about you Mr. Internet Tough Guy?

this is where HPD and tj differ. HPD isn't disrespectful he is persistent. tj is disrespectful and a tough guy. use of gay and sally... not needed. you have the right to say what you like, but that says a lot about who you are ONLINE.

highpeaksdrifter

I haven't been over there to do much of any more than activating accounts all season so I really wouldn't know what goes on. I guess I'll take your word for it that they're good people, but I struggle with the fact that there aren't some serious personality flaws there. When you crack on someone you don't even know who set up a forum as a courtesy for months and months on end, there's something up. Someone blowing up once in a while is different. How wasn't it one-sided? I never did anything to any of those people.

This has gotten far away from the funny thread I'm sure you intended to start. I think I'll just stay at SKIADK for awhile cause I don't feel good about any of this.

You are a good guy Greg, the 3 that where banned are good people too and we all have flaws.

Greg

Staff member
and we all have flaws.

Absolutely. The difference is who has the ability to self-analyze and work to be a better person.

No harm, no foul Skip. If you want to take ownership of SkiADK in the future, let me know and it's yours. Initially, I built it for you anyway.

tjf67

this is where HPD and tj differ. HPD isn't disrespectful he is persistent. tj is disrespectful and a tough guy. use of gay and sally... not needed. you have the right to say what you like, but that says a lot about who you are ONLINE.

Our very own Dr. Phil. I C sally is the only one that can throw out crap. Oh yeah i rememer it is his playgroound.
great zinger at the end. You hurt my feelings

SKidds

Have to go ski some bumps before the monsoon that is coming in the next three days washes them all away.

Don't even joke about that. We're headed up Sun - Tues. All the Placid forecasts I'm seeing are looking for some rain thru early afternoon tomorrow (less than half an inch), followed by some clearing. Maybe even some mixing tonight? You hearing something different?