• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend of Feb 23rd Predictions

BenedictGomez

I just posted this is the other weather thread, but if the overnight Euro is right, this thing is less "good" than we all previously thought for most of ski country.

Model comes in with highest snowfall out to sea now instead of interior, storm moved WAY east, with less h2o, and a bit warmer temps. Pretty much sucks compared to its' potential if the Euro is right, but hey, at least it will still snow. The Cats and DAX are the biggest losers if this verifies due to the huge eastern drag. Maybe this run is an aberration (hoping).

sucksj.png

BenedictGomez

If that model is true I'm going to wachusett. :lol:

IF that model is true, with that severe of an eastern push, it wouldn't shock me if the thing trends out to sea and everyone misses out.

Nothing to do but wait for the 12z run at this point and hope the above was just a crappy run.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I just posted this is the other weather thread, but if the overnight Euro is right, this thing is less "good" than we all previously thought for most of ski country.

Model comes in with highest snowfall out to sea now instead of interior, storm moved WAY east, with less h2o, and a bit warmer temps. Pretty much sucks compared to its' potential if the Euro is right, but hey, at least it will still snow. The Cats and DAX are the biggest losers if this verifies due to the huge eastern drag. Maybe this run is an aberration (hoping).

sucksj.png

That's still 6-10" for most of NH. I'll take it.

BenedictGomez

That's still 6-10" for most of NH. I'll take it.

If the above model trend continues it would go OTS and not be a storm for anyone, which is now the main threat to watch.
But just yesterday this was a fantastic storm for everyone (Cats, Dax, Greens, White, ME), and now there are several things that could sadly go wrong. Gotta cross fingers and toes now.

hammer

Latest on David Epstien's blog on boston.com, but I think these will be all over the place over the next few days:

storm%20details-thumb-600x562-95636.png

ScottySkis

If the above model trend continues it would go OTS and not be a storm for anyone, which is now the main threat to watch.
But just yesterday this was a fantastic storm for everyone (Cats, Dax, Greens, White, ME), and now there are several things that could sadly go wrong. Gotta cross fingers and toes now.

So Platty will get any snow this weekend?

BenedictGomez

So Platty will get any snow this weekend?

I'm going to wait for the 12z Euro to come out (within the hour) before casting myself into the pit of despair.

But we went from Platty getting 9" to 12" to Platty getting nothing to 4" in just one model run. Just a dramatic eastward push, the jackpot zone went from being over Connecticut, to being about 125 miles into the Atlantic Ocean.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

I'm going to wait for the 12z Euro to come out (within the hour) before casting myself into the pit of despair.

But we went from Platty getting 9" to 12" to Platty getting nothing to 4" in just one model run. Just a dramatic eastward push, the jackpot zone went from being over Connecticut, to being about 125 miles into the Atlantic Ocean.

That be okay.

BenedictGomez

The Euro giveth, the Euro taketh away.

This is looking like not much more than a dusting to a few inches for NY. Elsewhere in ski country it's a massive downgrade versus previous projections as it continues to trend east and into the Atlantic.

At least there's another shot on goal coming next week.

21649_517385444971713_256650200_n.jpg

bzrperfspec77

At least this time around it looks like I will be able to get out of my driveway to go skiing! That little Orange spec is where I'm at in the Berkshires. 30" is way too much to drive through in a 200 foot winding driveway, let alone try to plow with a 1988 Honda 4-Wheeler!

Any new snow, is good snow. I will be out there Sunday.