• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

chillin..going to my parents house for pizza in a few..debating whether I should dig into my Magic Hat spring variety pack...

drjeff

Drinking water. I've been bad about consuming enough volume today :( Especially after my run this AM

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Just got home from the gym. Swam 1000 yards. Felt like shit tonight, really winded.

So I'm shaving in the locker room, and the guy at the sink to my left, starts using the hair dryer to blow dry his junk. WTF?:blink::-o :puke:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: Root, you always have the funniest gym stories! :lol:

Back from class. Had some big decisions to make today. Looks like I'm going to school full-time next year. I also talked with the head of the History dept about adding the History Minor to my English Major.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
:lol: Root, you always have the funniest gym stories! :lol:

Back from class. Had some big decisions to make today. Looks like I'm going to school full-time next year. I also talked with the head of the History dept about adding the History Minor to my English Major.
Here's how my motivation works in my head...

1. Get in shape for next year's ski season. (I usually don't need to go any further then motivation #1.)
2. There's hot women there (not that I stand a chance)
3. There's a good chance I'm gonna leave there with a funny story.

Wow, good luck with going full time.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'd probably go to the Y more if it were that much fun. ;) Going to ditch the membership to cut costs, actually. Back to self-motivation running with the double jogger and bike riding with the trailer in tow.

School made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I somehow ended up in financial aid as being full-time for next year, which made me eligible for grants. Once I saw how much they were willing to kick in, it was hard to say no. I will be eating, sleeping, breathing school next year. But it's worth it.

wa-loaf

I'd probably go to the Y more if it were that much fun. ;) Going to ditch the membership to cut costs, actually. Back to self-motivation running with the double jogger and bike riding with the trailer in tow.

School made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I somehow ended up in financial aid as being full-time for next year, which made me eligible for grants. Once I saw how much they were willing to kick in, it was hard to say no. I will be eating, sleeping, breathing school next year. But it's worth it.

Congrats! Maybe you can afford a little babysitting with the extra financial aid to give you some studying time.

gmcunni

trying to update my blackberry with new software so i can use it as a modem for my PC and access internet while traveling.

wa-loaf

So I'm shaving in the locker room, and the guy at the sink to my left, starts using the hair dryer to blow dry his junk. WTF?:blink::-o :puke:

That's just wrong. But there always seems to be the naked guy at those places. Most folks walk around with a towel or something, but this guy just has to hang out at the sink naked while he shaves and what-not.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I never had any fun stories at the Y.

That's a great offer they made you. That should really speed up your graduation.
I'd be afraid of fun stories at the Y from guys. ;)

I should be able to finish in 2 years now without summer classes, so I'm back on track with May 2011 graduation like I wanted. And if the grants continue, it's more likely I can do the Master's with Certification program directly following (1 year full-time, including both summer sessions plus fall and spring, as well as student teaching, and at the end, I'd have my Master's in Education plus be eligible for certification as a teacher in CT). Before, it didn't seem possible to pay for it. But then again, I had no idea what a difference it could make since I haven't been a full-time student...ever.

Congrats! Maybe you can afford a little babysitting with the extra financial aid to give you some studying time.
Thanks! :) It's enough to cover tuition and fees, but there's no extra. I can't do student loans for next year so this is a real blessing. My dad did offer to pay for babysitting so I can take a day class; hopefully, they'll take the kids on a more regular basis so I can get some homework done, too.

Geoff

I'm getting organized for the day. Post office run to mail my taxes. Filling the cooler for a mid-50F bluebird ski day.

nice gym storys Root..

I'm getting ready for another fun-filled day of monument sales. Yesterday I helped set a bunch of tombstones all over Jersey and then right when I came back, an old lady was walking around the yard and I sold her a $5700 tombstone..cha ching..