• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
Got me a good dress-up day job and my double-wide home sweet home. :-o

TrashyTrailer.jpg

That picture just isn't right. Reminds me of a mobile home up in Littleton, single wide, 35 years old at least and in bad shape..... new Mercedes in the driveway. I mean each year there is the new Mercedes to replace last years!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
my Mom has been bugging me to join the local LA Fitness..not only to get in better shape but maybe meet a girl..:oops:
I'm not familiar with them but I think they're 24 hours, too, right? Should work well for the crazy hours you keep. ;) I kept teasing Brian last night that I was going to go back at midnight and work off the recovery food I ate (and then some). :lol: Planet Fitness's claim to fame is they're the "no judgment zone" which is cool. No pool but I get free tanning and massage chairs. (I don't know if that's a fair trade off, but it's what I get.) They also have a course set up for 30-minute workouts (like what Curves used to do) that's pre-timed for you. And 2 of every Cybex machine on top of that (many are repeated in the 30-minute workout section). And free weights. And TONS of cardio machines with no sign up sheets or time limits. The Y had a very limited array of equipment and you often had to wait in line for it. I bet you could meet a girl at a place like that and maybe then it would be someone who is more like-minded in that she likes physical fitness, so if she isn't already a skier, you could persuade her to become one.

Right now, I'm icing my knee and relaxing. Will go to bed soon with The Great Gatsby and a blissful feeling. Ahhhh... endorphins.

I'm not familiar with them but I think they're 24 hours, too, right? Should work well for the crazy hours you keep. ;) I kept teasing Brian last night that I was going to go back at midnight and work off the recovery food I ate (and then some). :lol: Planet Fitness's claim to fame is they're the "no judgment zone" which is cool. No pool but I get free tanning and massage chairs. (I don't know if that's a fair trade off, but it's what I get.) They also have a course set up for 30-minute workouts (like what Curves used to do) that's pre-timed for you. And 2 of every Cybex machine on top of that (many are repeated in the 30-minute workout section). And free weights. And TONS of cardio machines with no sign up sheets or time limits. The Y had a very limited array of equipment and you often had to wait in line for it. I bet you could meet a girl at a place like that and maybe then it would be someone who is more like-minded in that she likes physical fitness, so if she isn't already a skier, you could persuade her to become one.

Right now, I'm icing my knee and relaxing. Will go to bed soon with The Great Gatsby and a blissful feeling. Ahhhh... endorphins.

I was a member of LA Fitness 4 years ago and I think it was $35 a month but I only went a few times but really enjoyed the smoothies which had about 25 minutes on the Eliptical machine worth of calories. They aren't 24 hours but are open from like 5 or 6AM until about 11PM...so pretty much all my waking hours..I've dropped about 10-12 pounds since Christmas just eating and drinking less but want to get in better shape....but I know I look more attractive to a girl working out than pigging out on wings at the bar..

Warp Daddy

Packing up for quick 3 day getaway to the Central Dacks early tomorrow am and some fun along the Fulton Chain of Lakes . Need a little trip before our kids and grand kids all arrive on 17 th for 10 days of the Annual Seaway Festival .

Finalizing our September travel too , we'll be gone then about 3 weeks

Going to my parents house..then we're picking up my grandma and we're going to have dinner outside at a country inn...after a week of free meals down in Virginia..I'll take another one!!!

Warp Daddy

Going to my parents house..then we're picking up my grandma and we're going to have dinner outside at a country inn...after a week of free meals down in Virginia..I'll take another one!!!

SOOOOO Douglas why not be a good son and dent your plastic and take the 'rents n' grandma out to dinner after all you said it ---u got a week of free eats n'lodging--- hell give yer old dad a break will ya :D:D:D:D

Grassi21

SOOOOO Douglas why not be a good son and dent your plastic and take the 'rents n' grandma out to dinner after all you said it ---u got a week of free eats n'lodging--- hell give yer old dad a break will ya :D:D:D:D

+1

I take my grandma out to dinner from time to time but I don't want to treat everybody. I need to save my $$$$ for dates..they ain't cheap..some of these girls order stuff like the Salmon at TGI Fridays..I wish they stuck to sandwiches and appetizers..lol

Warp Daddy

I take my grandma out to dinner from time to time but I don't want to treat everybody. I need to save my $$$$ for dates..they ain't cheap..some of these girls order stuff like the Salmon at TGI Fridays..I wish they stuck to sandwiches and appetizers..lol

You THINK dates are expensive ??? Try raising a family , paying for their higher education , buying and maintaining a home _THAT'S EXPENSIVE---- hell dates by comparison are chump change :D:D:D LMAO

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Waiting for my exercise clothes to dry so I can head to the gym. The kids really stressed me out today and I suppose it would be better to work it off there rather than by drinking beers all night.

deadheadskier

Staff member
heading out fairly soon to catch the first set of Nate Wilson Group. A tad nervous. Used to love hanging outside, smoking butts and chatting with everyone at set break. I know I wont smoke, but it will still feel a bit weird. Oh well, have to do it sometime. Can't hide in the condo forever.

Warp Daddy

heading out fairly soon to catch the first set of Nate Wilson Group. A tad nervous. Used to love hanging outside, smoking butts and chatting with everyone at set break. I know I wont smoke, but it will still feel a bit weird. Oh well, have to do it sometime. Can't hide in the condo forever.

Havea great time--------------------- STAY STRONG man

You THINK dates are expensive ??? Try raising a family , paying for their higher education , buying and maintaining a home _THAT'S EXPENSIVE---- hell dates by comparison are chump change :D:D:D LMAO

Yeah I don't think I want to do all that..seems tiring and expensive..lol..and my grandma paid the dinner tab cause she has alot more money than me or my parents. I am taking her to see Bruno this weekend and I'll pay for the popcorn..:spin:

dmc

getting ready for a conference call with some dudes from Japan.... Making tea... So i can talk...

dmc

Guessing you kept your job?

yes... so far so good... :) Still unhappy...

Also joining the call is China, Australia, NZ and Korea....
And my boss is talking... And he's talking WAAAY too fast...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Good luck!!!!

Back from my 45 min on the treadmill and 2 episodes of "Throwdown With Bobby Flay". I guess this is my solution to the other thread's suggestion of TV powered by exercise. ;) (And it's better TV than I have at home!)

Going to recharge and then pack for tomorrow. The plan was to take them to Bronx Zoo... We'll see how I feel in the morning though.

dmc

still on the phone with Asia....
Lighting up my last Cuban cigar..