• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

Grassi21

There is a really good Dave Matthew Band lullabies one out there too.

Grassi21

Just grabbed The Dirty Heads new album, Cabin by the Seas. Good stuff so far...much more chill than their last album.

wa-loaf

Good kids' music starts with just good music, Nick. Try Dan Zanes and almost any Norah Jones' stuff works as lullabies.

This. They Might Be Giants has some good kids stuff for when he gets a little older too!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wow, those are some awesome suggestions all, I didn't even realize there was like little adult lullabies to ween them into good music outta the gate. Thanks!

Bumpsis

Sad WFNX listener

And another M83, Reunion

Closely followed by the Maccabbees, Went Away.

Any 101.7 WFNX listeners in AZ land? If so, how are you going to handle the demise of the one and only decent radio station in the Boston market come July 21st?

I am in serious mourning, listening to the last hours of WFNX. They introduced me to countless artists that I just would not have otherwise known. I went on the ski trips that the station used to organize, got to hear some local bands which the station championed and in general, this station has been a bright beacon of orginality on the otherwise bleak radio scene in Boston.
The local college stations do play some interesting stuff,but the programming is just too scattered to really get a fill of alternative rock.

Right this moment Muse's "Starlight" is doing a heavy rotation in my head. Where else will I find a mix of Black Keys, Imagine Dragons, Danny, Dakota and the Wishing Well, Wolf Gang, Maccabees, Walk the Moon...
Ughh, these are sad days

jaja111

Good kids' music starts with just good music, Nick. Try Dan Zanes and almost any Norah Jones' stuff works as lullabies.

At 22 months, Miles Davis's "All Blues" off of Kind of Blue is still my son's chloroform. His awake favorites consist mostly of blue grass and zydeco tunes.

Geoff

I'm reconstructing my iTunes library on my work laptop. On my last laptop that mostly sits in a plastic storage tub, I had the music scattered all over the place. This time, I checked the box to copy the music to one iTunes folder as it imports it from other folders. My music on my 16-gig iPod Nano hadn't been updated in 2 1/2 years since my iPod Classic was stolen. I get to rediscover about 75 gigabytes of music.

Right now, I have the Brand New Heavies playing on my iPhone.

deadheadskier

Staff member
that takes me back. Lost my discs and haven't listened to the Brand New Heavies in years. Forget the albums, but the BNH were pretty much my go to house music when I ran the bar at the Stowehof in the late 90s

wa-loaf

witch hobble

More of the twang that you crave?

I don't care who ya are, if you can't appreciate these dueling telecasters, you should stick to books on tape!!!