• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What music are you into at the moment?

skiahman

You can listen to FNX live too at wfnx.com.........the demise of FNX is really painful and has forced me to scan the dial in search of good music....found a station over the weekend that sounded very cool with a lot of alternative music and I was shocked to find out 88.3fm is WRPS (Rockland Public Schools) in Rockland, MA. Obviously it has a very weak signal but I gotta say the station rocks and is all we listen to at home.

wa-loaf

You can listen to FNX live too at wfnx.com.........the demise of FNX is really painful and has forced me to scan the dial in search of good music....found a station over the weekend that sounded very cool with a lot of alternative music and I was shocked to find out 88.3fm is WRPS (Rockland Public Schools) in Rockland, MA. Obviously it has a very weak signal but I gotta say the station rocks and is all we listen to at home.

Have you listened to WERS 88.9? The Emerson College radio station? They have a really strong signal ... can still get them when I'm all they way out near Wachusett. Good alternative, though a bit on the softer side and only good during the daytime. Weekends are all a Capella and show tunes, blech and nighttime is rap ...

skiahman

I hadn't listened to WERS until you filled me in on it.....waaaaay coooool, waaaa(y)-loaf!! Needed something to listen to during the workday with a decent signal and WERS seems to fit the bill. WRPS is similiar to WERS in that it depends on the time of the day and the dj for what you'll hear.
Thanks for the tip!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Used to listen to WERS when I lived down there. Definitely miss that station. I think it was Coffee House Rock during the morning commute and Reggae on the drive home. They had some good EDM stuff at night to. BC's station is pretty good, too. I've had some good nights in that station's studio and had a memorable tag team on BTQE2.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I just heard the audio samples from Puscifer's new album. Wow. I'm gonna have to buy that one. The samples from JMK's first Puscifer album were not great, boarding on terrible actually. Conditions of my Parole sounds incredible, I wish I had checked it out sooner instead of assuming more of the same. Through those samples, I also found Slow Motion Addict from Carina Round which also sounded epic. Those those two CDs should be in frequent rotation soon.

kickstand

Just started listening to Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. I had heard of them, but never listened until last week. They are amazing. Also downloaded a couple of albums from The Pixies. Can't believe I never listened to them when I was in college.

Edd

Also downloaded a couple of albums from The Pixies. Can't believe I never listened to them when I was in college.

I only started listening to them a couple of years ago. The loudQuietLoud movie is good. I wanted to catch them at the Hampton Ballroom last year but it sold out too fast.

Cannonball

I only started listening to them a couple of years ago. The loudQuietLoud movie is good. I wanted to catch them at the Hampton Ballroom last year but it sold out too fast.

They were my favorite band when they were around (and still love them). One of my favorite shows ever was Pixies at the Orpheum, Boston on Halloween 1989(ish). It's amazing how that movie makes them seem like such total dicks...while at the same time making you love the music even more. Joey Santigo is the only one who comes out looking good.

ScottySkis

59129_340240719407861_452087745_n.jpg
They are playing in a few days in NYC.:razz:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
New Soundgarden... wow! Wasn't expecting much, reunion bands never seem to recapture much of the original spark. I saw them on their reunion tour before the album and it was a great show. But the same happened with Alice in Chains and their new album was boring. The new Soundgarden album is fantastic. There isn't anything on here that is epic (perhaps my only criticism so far is only one song makes it to five minutes, barely). But it is just 100% solid, both individual performances all around and as a whole. It ain't no Badmotorfinger or Superunknown but nothing will ever be. So far, enjoying it more than DOTUS.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Going to give it a listen, thanks Steve!
Every listen grows on me more and more and I liked it pretty good from the first time!

Disappointed that they are doing a small venue tour, Orpheum sold out on the first day of ticket sales and online scappers (looking at you stubhub) are charging upwards of $120. I'm sure they'll come around again on a bigger venue tour.