• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is getting new skis for 07-08 season?

wa-loaf

Already got new boots for next season. :smile:

New skis will have to wait another year. :sad:

kbroderick

I definitely need some new skis. Right now, I'm wanting a big pair of boards for fast-hard-scary skiing (mounted with an AT binding of some sort, most likely either the Duke or the Naxo)--something with at least a 85mm waist, probably something over 90mm, and in the 180-190cm range, I think. I'm also hoping for at least one pair of all-around midfats (88ish at the waist), just debating whether to get one pair mounted tele and one pair alpine or just a pair mounted tele. And I want to get a lightweight, waxless backcountry setup for playing around on low-angle stuff, and I need to come up with a "silly skiing" setup for those fast-grass days. Oh, and I'd rather like to get a pair of slalom skis, and a pair of real GS skis, too...I haven't had any of the former in several years, and my cheater-almost-GS skis strike me as being not quite as much fun as a pair of real GS skis.

(Well, having run down that much stuff...I'm guessing that it might not all happen for next year. But that's what I'd like to buy, anyhow. If I had to guess, I'd say the midfats would be the most likely purchase.)

drjeff

Jury's still out ;) Right now I'd say 60/40 yes. After a December demo day or two, that ratio's more likely to be about 98/2 yes!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wanted to get something this year but the fear of not having tried the skis I wanted and luke warm reports prevented a trigger pulling. Definitely will be getting a nice powder board next year. Something in the 92-98 waist range with a decent sidecut as close to 20 as possible. Would like to get on a pair of Salomon Sandstorms to try them out. The addition of a 180cm ski next season makes the package more enticing. After flexing a pair of teneighty guns, I knew that was not a ski I would consider. Still considering the Black Diamond Kilowatt but wanting to read more reviews since this is the first year of the ski. Probably will try to find a demo day early next season and give a few different boards a try. Definitely disappointed I was not able to pick something out this season but it was not for lack of looking and trying.

cbcbd

Still considering the Black Diamond Kilowatt but wanting to read more reviews since this is the first year of the ski.
I know for a fact that at least EMS in north conway will have the Kilowatts for rental - not sure if they'll be mounted with AT or tele. I'm considering those as my AT bc skis for next year.

snowmonster

Pulled the trigger on some fat skis at the tail-end of the season: Rossi B4's (122-94-112) in a 168 length. Reserved for powder days and possibly a trip out west in 07-08. Couldn't resist getting them on snow last Saturday so I took two runs on them at Wildcat. Took some getting used to but they're good and mellow. Can't wait for a big snowfall to truly crank 'em up!

Rushski

Bought some left over Fischer RX8s in March and used them 2-3 times, but they really were meant to be enjoyed next year on...

Greg

Staff member
Hope to be on a new pair of mogul skis next year. Keying in on either the 2006 K2 Cabrawler or maybe the Salomon 1080 Mogul if I can find some. I already have a pair of flat Look PX12 bindings waiting to me mounted. I'll be on these if I expect to be in the bumps most of the day. My current AC3 will remain the all-mountain, natural snow conditions ski.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Pulled the trigger on some fat skis at the tail-end of the season: Rossi B4's (122-94-112) in a 168 length. Reserved for powder days and possibly a trip out west in 07-08. Couldn't resist getting them on snow last Saturday so I took two runs on them at Wildcat. Took some getting used to but they're good and mellow. Can't wait for a big snowfall to truly crank 'em up!

I can see Utah in your future! :)

SkiDog

Wanted to get something this year but the fear of not having tried the skis I wanted and luke warm reports prevented a trigger pulling. Definitely will be getting a nice powder board next year. Something in the 92-98 waist range with a decent sidecut as close to 20 as possible. Would like to get on a pair of Salomon Sandstorms to try them out. The addition of a 180cm ski next season makes the package more enticing. After flexing a pair of teneighty guns, I knew that was not a ski I would consider. Still considering the Black Diamond Kilowatt but wanting to read more reviews since this is the first year of the ski. Probably will try to find a demo day early next season and give a few different boards a try. Definitely disappointed I was not able to pick something out this season but it was not for lack of looking and trying.

Both you and CBCBD should consider the BD Verdicts as well.....98 underfoot and goes through anything...im considering them for a setup this coming season.

I want something along the lines of 98mm - 110mm underfoot 190cm length. I picked up a pair of NAXO 01's from the Black Diamond store the other day for $149......WHAT A DEAL...now I just need something to mount them on.

M

bigbog

New for next season, you bet!........

Picked up some much better performing(and fitting) boots just in time to hit the Cat...on their last weekend. Normally I'd say "better late than never", but I would have had tons more fun this past season with em'...(Arrrgggghhhh)
Skis

Steve

Last edited:

snoseek

i want those skis!!

madskier6

I'm planning on getting a pair of Volkl Gotamas in 183 cm for my powder skis. I demoed them this past year on St. Patrick's Day (after the big dump) & loved them. While they are fat (133-105-124) they ski oh so smooth. :wink:

SkiDog

I'm planning on getting a pair of Volkl Gotamas in 183 cm for my powder skis. I demoed them this past year on St. Patrick's Day (after the big dump) & loved them. While they are fat (133-105-124) they ski oh so smooth. :wink:

Hot ski...for sure.

M