• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

Geoff

After a week of skiing in Chile, I'm reset back to a 0.3. I don't have much enthiasm at the moment for White Ribbon of Death. I'm sure I'll think otherwise in another 6 weeks.

Geoff

i really know what that feels like. since i didn't go this year i am bouncing of the walls. where did you go and where are the pics?

A week at Nevados de Chillan (they changed the name from Termas de Chillan this year) and a day trip to Valle Nevado & La Parva from Santiago on Saturday.

The Valle Nevado shots from Saturday are in another thread where somebody was asking for information. I took shots of pretty much all the better terrain. There just ain't that much of it unless you're skiing down to the Valle Nevado access road from el Colorado.

Here are some Chillan shots. It was the worst weather I'd experienced in my four visits there. Big wind pretty much every day. I only had one day where they ran the Don Otto double to the top and the other days were surface lifts on the upper mountain with a full gale in your face as you were riding up to get to that terrain. Kind of like the stories you hear about Las Lenas and that Marta lift but at least at Chillan, you can still take surface lifts to get to the goods. I never made it out of bounds this trip. Usually, half my runs are under the rope at the top of the Don Otto. With all the wind and snow, none of us wanted to risk the snow instability on that wind-loaded face.

Day 1. Some sunshine.
Geoff.jpg

Day 3. Big powder day with limited visibility:
ChillanDay3a.jpg

ChillanDay3b.jpg

ChillanDay3c.jpg

nice pictures Geoff..right now everytime I spend excess money I feel guilty because I'd rather be using it for skiing..

jonhere

The start of football season is the official start of my ski season countdown. Not to mention some snow in the Rockies at high elevations the past few days :) Have several trips booked, the countdown is on!!

Going to be a good year after last year was cut short after some busted bones.

wa-loaf

Bought a new ski jacket. A couple other things are falling in place. The scale is moving up again!

gmcunni

8.5 and climbing. All the skis and boots for sale on Tramdock.com are really starting to get to me. i don't need either but really really really want to buy them!

dmc

new snowboard arrived...
Cool nights... Leaves changing here and there...
Got a new jacket...
Need pants.. For the love of god I need pants...

Im at a 7...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
7. I was in Ski Market today figuring out some stuff with my boots and getting new custom unweighted footbeds made (because the set just I had made at Alpine Haus in March were not made correctly :angry:). Looked through the leftover gear, too. Getting psyched!!! I'm sure when I go back next Saturday for my stance/alignment evaluation, the rating will move up a little more. ;)

My ski jones level continues to rise...I met a girl on match.com who skis..she's only skied for 4 seasons but we've been e-mailing alot about skiing. I'm hiking with my ski buddy later this afternoon so that means 3 hours of talking about skiing. If I can't be skiing..I want to be talking about skiing or writing about skiing...

Moe Ghoul

7. I was in Ski Market today figuring out some stuff with my boots and getting new custom unweighted footbeds made (because the set just I had made at Alpine Haus in March were not made correctly :angry:). Looked through the leftover gear, too. Getting psyched!!! I'm sure when I go back next Saturday for my stance/alignment evaluation, the rating will move up a little more. ;)

Good luck with the new footbeds. I finally had them made last year while I was in Jackson, and I can't rave enough about them. I used to get really bad hotspots under my big toes and the outsides of my soles to the point where I had to stop skiing early sometimes, which sucked. The beds cured that COMPLETELY.

JimG.

Staff member
Good luck with the new footbeds. I finally had them made last year while I was in Jackson, and I can't rave enough about them. I used to get really bad hotspots under my big toes and the outsides of my soles to the point where I had to stop skiing early sometimes, which sucked. The beds cured that COMPLETELY.

I tell everyone I ski with...

there is ski life before footbeds and one after them.

the one after them is a different world of fun.

Moe Ghoul

I tell everyone I ski with...

there is ski life before footbeds and one after them.

the one after them is a different world of fun.

That's the truth. I'm embarassed to say how long I've skied with the foot pain, I just ignored it. Of all the expenditures I've made for skiing, it ranks as some of the best spent money by a long shot. :daffy:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

That's the truth. I'm embarassed to say how long I've skied with the foot pain, I just ignored it. Of all the expenditures I've made for skiing, it ranks as some of the best spent money by a long shot. :daffy:
That's why I had customs made back in March. I had no idea they were made wrong at the time. :angry: No wonder why they didn't help. Before that, I had semi-custom footbeds that weren't bad, but I was in a boot that was technically too big (didn't know better at the time) and the footbeds were too small for the liner so they slid around a lot. Very frustrating.

But I have faith that this time, they will be right. The fitter I saw today was far more experienced, and it shows. I can't wait for some snow so I can try them out!!! (Once they're done, of course...)