• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 4/6-4/7

Kleetus

Thought it was my duty to start one in the absence of this weekly reoccurence of late.

What are people thinking this weekend? Sat looks like it will be OK but could have some low vis in the AM. Sun looks good. Temps look on the border between soft and not so soft up at higher elevations. Especially Sat with clouds.

Myself, debating heading up to any combination of Stowe/SB/MRG as this or next weekend is my last shot at east coast turns and have 2 Ski VT vouchers left to burn. Go this weekend or gamble on next weekend? If temps were 5 degrees warmer would be sold on this weekend but 40ish at 3500' has me a little concerned may not soften that much at least on sat with cloudy skies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

KustyTheKlown

its been wobbling between all rain friday vs a mix with some decent accumulation. open snow had 3-5" at killington on fri>sat, but have since backed off to 1-2"

sat and sun should be mostly dry, and warm, with sunday being the clear warm spring skiing winner

either way, it is use it or lose it time, and i will be at killington for the always fun bear mountain mogul challenge saturday, and will prob go to stratton sunday on my way back south.

Ol Dirty Noodle

Idk where I’m skiing Saturday, only that I am, may skip work Friday and catch the freshies, we’ll see

KustyTheKlown

friday is gonna be wet slop. you could get lucky but its very unlikely. not worth burning a day off. i'd say wait for sat/sun

jg17

Got a room at Mount Snow for Fri/Sat night so I can get full days in Saturday and Sunday. Hoping the drive up on Friday isn't mixed slop and that it doesn't freeze too solid Saturday morning. Should be good later in the day after the crust melts away though. Looking like an awesome close to the season!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Okemo Friday because it looks like everywhere will be in a deep freeze from the night before with little chance of softening up. Groomer day.

Saturday Sugarbush because Killington will be busy from BMMC, SB will get more snow Friday night, and the 9am-5pm schedule lets me sleep a little more than trying to get to K at 8am.

Sunday Killington to say goodbye to OL for the season...50 degrees, bumps, and sunshine.

drjeff

Okemo Friday because it looks like everywhere will be in a deep freeze from the night before with little chance of softening up. Groomer day.

Saturday Sugarbush because Killington will be busy from BMMC, SB will get more snow Friday night, and the 9am-5pm schedule lets me sleep a little more than trying to get to K at 8am.

Sunday Killington to say goodbye to OL for the season...50 degrees, bumps, and sunshine.

Honestly, I've never found in the 5 or 6 BMMC Saturday's I've been to over the last 15+ years that the mountain is very busy, aside from the immediate Bear Base area, during the BMMC. And that includes the 10+ years ago when it was a much bigger spectator event than it is now.

It's a fun party atmosphere with a mix of the some GREAT bumping and some not so great bumping to watch for sure, but the reality is that it isn't something that will make the whole mountain a crowd fest!

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

Yea bmmc has never resulted in lift lines or crowds for me

dot gov now saying 3-5” for k peak by sat AM

skiur

K will be empty on Saturday outside of bear, if your not into the party (which is the best east coast ski party of the year) dont be scared of crowds as the rest of the mountain will be mostly ski on at the lifts. Only thing to worry about is if you have a few drinks there will be a major police presence on the access rd and 100/4 looking for drunks. If you are planning to drink, make sure not to drive.

KustyTheKlown

also k will be spinning skye peak express til 5 to allow return to other base areas, so the day is extended at k as well as sb

tnt1234

What is BMMC?

Anyone know when Okemo is closing?

I will not be skiing this weekend, but hoping to go to stowe next weekend. Forecast isn't great right now, but lot's a time between now and then. Life might get in the way regardless, but here's hoping....Okemo could be a plan B for next weekend, given it's shorter location. I assume even Okemo let's the bumps grow in the spring?

KustyTheKlown

bear mountain mogul challenge. amateur bumps+aerials comp on lower outer limits. best tailgate ever between the lodge and the lift.

drjeff

What is BMMC?

Anyone know when Okemo is closing?

I will not be skiing this weekend, but hoping to go to stowe next weekend. Forecast isn't great right now, but lot's a time between now and then. Life might get in the way regardless, but here's hoping....Okemo could be a plan B for next weekend, given it's shorter location. I assume even Okemo let's the bumps grow in the spring?

BMMC ='s Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge held on Outer Limits at Killington. Qualifying/seeding runs first and then the final head to head rounds after that.

Many of the ski houses at Killington put on quite an elaborate party spread around the base of Bear, and it's quite a fun spectator event, both in terms of watching the mogul skiing as well as people watching in the crowds.

Okemo is slated to close as of now, next Sunday the 14th as I understand

Kleetus

Not liking the temps in that forecast...

Open snow is showing 2-4 Friday/Friday night and temps look a little better now with high of 43 at 3500' for Sat. Going to pull the trigger tonight on the trip if the forecast stays the same or swings a little warmer. Now question is Stowe Sat SB Sun, or SB/MRG Sat and Sun. Haven't done Stowe in years so am itching to get up there but at the same time I love MRG...decisions

WWF-VT

Sugarbush as usual this weekend. Looks like some new snow Friday night, Pond Skimming on Saturday and sunny with temp in the 40's on Sunday.

kingslug

Go to Stowe..they got 300 inches and a lot of it is still sitting there. The tops of the front 4 are closed but everything else should be good. But then again..that could change LOL