• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon Pass Refund

FBGM

Has anyone tried to get a refund on Ikon pass yet? Not defer to next season, but actually your money back?

Nothing really worth skiing yet in Utah but now with more and more reservations needed and parking reservations, this is not gonna work. All weekends already full at most places, it’s just a cluster. When I bought it few months back the reservation system seemed like it would work but obviously it’s not and now more resorts then original are doing it.

I know this is beating a dead horse. Just curious if anyone has had luck with full refund and if so, how or what did you say to make it work.

njdiver85

Interesting that the bottleneck for Ikon passholders is the need for parking reservations. Wonder how many people bought Ikon over Epic because they didn't want to deal with Epic's reservations system. And now they find themselves in a similar situation. Seems like deceptive advertising on the part of Alterra.

KustyTheKlown

utah is uniquely fucked for parking and traffic whether or not there is covid and reservations happening. i don't think its particularly indicative of broader situations re: ikon. in my limited experience so far, i was able to reserve every non holiday saturday from January to mid march at killington with no problem, just to hold the most likely days that i will end up skiing there. super easy with any foresight.

FBGM

Interesting that the bottleneck for Ikon passholders is the need for parking reservations. Wonder how many people bought Ikon over Epic because they didn't want to deal with Epic's reservations system. And now they find themselves in a similar situation. Seems like deceptive advertising on the part of Alterra.
Yep, what started as no reservations and only paid parking at Sollitude has now turned into reservations at most ski areas, which are all full, Sollitude with no opening date, and parking reservations and spaced parking to limit people.

I’m gonna get on my soap box with their customer service and see what happens. Would really like my money back and I’ll just snowmobile and skin all winter in Uintas away from everyone.

Zermatt

I will likely just defer, but I feel like I will get screwed on the value. Will the renewal credit (for closing early last season) be lost and just cash I paid be credited?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Has anyone tried to get a refund on Ikon pass yet? Not defer to next season, but actually your money back?

Nothing really worth skiing yet in Utah but now with more and more reservations needed and parking reservations, this is not gonna work. All weekends already full at most places, it’s just a cluster. When I bought it few months back the reservation system seemed like it would work but obviously it’s not and now more resorts then original are doing it.

I know this is beating a dead horse. Just curious if anyone has had luck with full refund and if so, how or what did you say to make it work.
I'm a Snowbird passholder. I looked at parking last night and every single weekend through the end of February was booked. How did that happen?!

jaytrem

I wonder if the deferments get you Spring 2021 skiing? Like a new pass has gotten in prior years. Would probably make even more worth it to defer if the vaccine thing kicks in before the spring dates.

cdskier

I'm a Snowbird passholder. I looked at parking last night and every single weekend through the end of February was booked. How did that happen?!
Might want to re-check. Literally every weekend other than the very next 2 show available at the moment for me (although when I looked earlier out of curiosity did show booked...so something changed)

1606353662132.png

BenedictGomez

This thread makes me think that powder snowcat operation north of Francis is going to make bazillions this season.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I've got day tickets for Jackson, parking reservations for Snowbird (weekend), Ikon reservations for Brighton, and Alta I'm wired for EC timezone so waking up at 6:30am (8:30 EST) is no issue :dontknow:

FBGM

This thread makes me think that powder snowcat operation north of Francis is going to make bazillions this season.
PC Powder Cats. They are good peeps. I’m not sure how they will have it this year, guessing no mixed cats, maybe only cats with 1 group? I use that canyon, Weber Canyon, and they trail head for BC access because it’s always empty.

crank

To speak to OP's question: When we bought out Ikon's this year they were very clear that there would not be refunds, only deferments.

Waiting to see what shakes out before deciding whehter to use or defer.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've got day tickets for Jackson, parking reservations for Snowbird (weekend), Ikon reservations for Brighton, and Alta I'm wired for EC timezone so waking up at 6:30am (8:30 EST) is no issue :dontknow:
Snowbird isn’t open this weekend....

thetrailboss

Staff member
Solitude is saying that weather "and circumstances pending" they will open on December 7th. Conveniently, Alterra's other Utah property, Deer Valley, opens on the 5th as well.

BenedictGomez

PC Powder Cats. They are good peeps. I’m not sure how they will have it this year, guessing no mixed cats, maybe only cats with 1 group? I use that canyon, Weber Canyon, and they trail head for BC access because it’s always empty.

I randomly discovered that a lot of rich people live up there, which really surprised me since it's relatively (YOMV) far from both Park City and certainly SLC. Realized this about 6 months ago when I was researching Nikola & was doing a bit of research on its' CEO (Trevor Milton). Too bad I didnt dive as deep as Hindenburg Research. Oof.