• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2020 - 2021 Ski Season

p_levert

I just doubled down and booked Seattle for my kids Easter break. Now where's that vaccine???
How old are you? If you're over 65 (doubt it), you're probably in good position to get vaccinated by then. Otherwise, it's sketchy. As far as the kids go, don't worry about it. The French government has actually said that there's no need to vaccinate kids (anyone under 18) at all.

abc

How old are you? If you're over 65 (doubt it), you're probably in good position to get vaccinated by then. Otherwise, it's sketchy.
Don't forget, it takes 2 dose to get the full immunity. There's a 2 or 4 week gap between the doses.

And the immunity doesn't kick in fully until something like 10 days (or 2 weeks, a little vague) after the 2nd jab.

bruno1

Do you have another pass besides that?
No. Im looking to get a Maine 4 day pass so I can ski the river and my buddy has some 50% off kton tickets so i can hopefully get a few days there. Anything else I'll have to buy before I go. I usually go out west every year, last year was Big Sky and next season will be snowbird i think

Smellytele

No. Im looking to get a Maine 4 day pass so I can ski the river and my buddy has some 50% off kton tickets so i can hopefully get a few days there. Anything else I'll have to buy before I go. I usually go out west every year, last year was Big Sky and next season will be snowbird i think
If you're from Boston they may not let you go to Maine or VT without quarantining...

BenedictGomez

How old are you? If you're over 65 (doubt it), you're probably in good position to get vaccinated by then. Otherwise, it's sketchy. As far as the kids go, don't worry about it. The French government has actually said that there's no need to vaccinate kids (anyone under 18) at all.

Dont listen to the media, they're wrong again. Anyone who wants to be vaccinated by April will be able to be vaccinated.
And the French government can kiss my azz. I havent heard that, but it's absurd if true, especially if they have any contact with grandma or ever plan to go near someone > 65.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Don't forget, it takes 2 dose to get the full immunity. There's a 2 or 4 week gap between the doses.

It depends on the vaccine' JNJ for instance has developed a one-dose vaccine.

It's a few weeks behind the others. Best guess is you'll be hearing something right around Christmas.

abc

It depends on the vaccine' JNJ for instance has developed a one-dose vaccine.

It's a few weeks behind the others. Best guess is you'll be hearing something right around Christmas.
But it still takes a week or two for the immunity to ramp up. Just skip the wait for the 2nd jab.

jaytrem

49, everything is cancelable, so no real risk. It's also a potential way to extend the expiration date of the 2 for 1 airline ticket.

urungus

No day trippers are not exempt from the rules.

If you are from Boston and want to “day trip” to VT, you have to quarantine for 28 days, correct ? First the VT quarantine of 14 days (either at home or in VT, but in either case BEFORE going skiing). Then after you get back you also have to complete the Massachusetts quarantine of 14 days. You are also required to submit the Massachusetts travel form at https://www.mass.gov/forms/massachusetts-travel-form

2planks2coasts

No deals this winter as far as I can see. most NH mountains that normally offer great in state deals are off. Cannon, no Wed in state deal, no two-fers. Bretton Woods, no early season cheap tix and from what I can see, no Sunday local half days. Gunstock, you can’t get the flex pass without a season holder buying for you (BFF). Loon never has deals and Attitas/ Wildcat aren’t showing any deals on their websites. I have the Ikon and New England Bronze but am considering rolling the Ikon to next season. No trip to Tremblant this year. 😖

Bretton Woods is doing Sunday local days. $34 starting at noon. Stumbled upon it by accident today when looking at their ticket purchase system for a friend.

2planks2coasts

Waterville just announced Two-fer tuesdays. Two adult tix for the full price of one. Not a screaming deal, but not awful for a last minute weekday deal.

dblskifanatic

Wow this thread got hijacked big time! Was checking this out to get ideas and there are little to none. Guess I will travel out west a few times since we have A Basin passes.

ScottySkis

$29 lift tickets flex for Jimmy peak in mass from Potter brother for tonight

🚨 Flex Ticket Alert 🚨 We have Twilight FLEX TICKETS to Jiminy Peak for TONIGHT and they’re ONLY 29.00. Tickets are available at PB in Kingston & Fishkill. #StayOutside