• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's buying their 21/22 pass early?

Tonyr

I bought the spring indy pass, for $150 and $69 for kids its a no brainer. If you use it more than two times it's worth it.

drjeff

Guessing with Vail Resorts announcing extensions to the season for many of their New England properties this morning, that the news of the pricing for next seasons Epic Pass products will be dropping very soon.....

Mum skier

Guessing with Vail Resorts announcing extensions to the season for many of their New England properties this morning, that the news of the pricing for next seasons Epic Pass products will be dropping very soon.....
Hoping for some sort of pass holder renew incentive. Regardless of COVID it looks like IKON has a lower price for renewal vs new. Nice if Epic would start doing that

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Hoping for some sort of pass holder renew incentive. Regardless of COVID it looks like IKON has a lower price for renewal vs new. Nice if Epic would start doing that
After 2 years on Epic I will likely switch to try new places unless there is a nice incentive to stay

tnt1234

We have no idea what we are doing next year, so we're holding off.

KustyTheKlown

good decision.

my denver bud came to the same conclusion this week. he is going to repeat purchase his ikon base but supplement with a full a-bay. no brainer imo for Denver area.

the entire i70 corridor is fucked tho. you really need to leave before 5 AM if you want a no stress traffic and parking experience. i joke with my buddy that i get to southern vermont from nyc in the same time it takes him to get from downtown denver to summit county. but its often completely accurate. which is nutty.

i used to have a hard-on for relocating to Denver, and i don't anymore. SLC and Seattle seem just as bad. SF is as expensive as here and not all that close to tahoe. reno and sacramento, no thanks. hi portland or bend? i waver on these feelings constantly, but lately relocating to vermont has struck me as more attractive than these western cities. i think a part of that is proving that work from home is real and possibly permanent, opens up rural options. i'm also weirdly into downtown troy. beautiful old homes on a small urban grid. major investment and revitalization potential. mid-sized down on their luck northeastern cities could boom with a more remote workforce.

PAabe

good decision.

my denver bud came to the same conclusion this week. he is going to repeat purchase his ikon base but supplement with a full a-bay. no brainer imo for Denver area.

the entire i70 corridor is fucked tho. you really need to leave before 5 AM if you want a no stress traffic and parking experience. i joke with my buddy that i get to southern vermont from nyc in the same time it takes him to get from downtown denver to summit county. but its often completely accurate. which is nutty.

i used to have a hard-on for relocating to Denver, and i don't anymore. SLC and Seattle seem just as bad. SF is as expensive as here and not all that close to tahoe. reno and sacramento, no thanks. hi portland or bend? i waver on these feelings constantly, but lately relocating to vermont has struck me as more attractive than these western cities. i think a part of that is proving that work from home is real and possibly permanent, opens up rural options. i'm also weirdly into downtown troy. beautiful old homes on a small urban grid. major investment and revitalization potential. mid-sized down on their luck northeastern cities could boom with a more remote workforce.
Hopefully people move into the grids of the towns and cities rather than expand sprawling suburbia

I-70 needs to have fat congestion tolling over the mountains and imo they should used those tolls to get more people onto buses

KustyTheKlown

Hopefully people move into the grids of the towns and cities rather than expand sprawling suburbia

I-70 needs to have fat congestion tolling over the mountains and imo they should used those tolls to get more people onto buses

ya, i hope so. there are so many bones of small cities just waiting for some energy. places like troy and poughkeepsie and just about every small city in MA. troy has a bustle to it. great farmers market by the river, beautiful 19th century brownstones that i can actually afford, a mid size music venue (that does not book very good music), couple heady beer places, couple restaurants, a good coffee shop. dino bbq. rpi produces smart techy people who could maybe stay if they can work remotely. albany will always have some jobs across the river. its got bones. it gets pretty grim away from the downtown cluster tho, even on the same urbanized grid, lots of vacant houses and sketchy scenes away from the center of downtown.

Smellytele

Not much of a city person no matter the size. don't want people moving out of cities either.

On another note going Ikon for next year. With one kid going to school in Leadville, CO with a free pass to Copper and another in school not far from Sugarbush.
May still get a indy pass or at least a spring indy pass next year.

1dog

Renewed our Ikon passes with a $200 renewal incentive. 29 days and counting. . . and that's without the annual western tour that happens most every year.

Cities are not dead, but they are not going to sprint back either. Not until prices come down, or they figure out what to do with millions of commercial office square footage - high rise condo conversion? Still, traffic and congestion are urban planners nightmares but will keep them employed for years to come. No one thought malls would die - even before Covid midwestern grass growing in parking lots - cheap space for Amazon distribution centers. . and once younger generations. have kids - that's later and later each generation - well- its suburban sprawl and less demand for inner city living.
Disposable income/time is what most people will be searching for. Technology has begun taken care of the time part.

drjeff

You've got to love college hockey chants!
"If it Brown, Flush it Down!" Or "What color is Sh$t? Brown!" RPI Hockey Chants! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And after spending 4 years living in Troy, even though it's come a long way since the early 90's courtesy of the real estate buying spree and revitalization efforts my alma mater, RPI, has done, not sure I'd want to live there, as there are other areas of the Capital District, that have all of the geographical benefits that Troy does, but are more to my own personal preferences in what I like in a community. For me the Scotia, Niskayuna, Clifton Park, Ballston Spa, Saratoga, Southern Sartoga County has always been a place that I keep looking at potential practice purchase opportunities if my wife and I ever decide to relocate....

cdskier

"If it Brown, Flush it Down!" Or "What color is Sh$t? Brown!" RPI Hockey Chants! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My school was D3 for hockey at the time I was there, so we always ended up playing several games against the SUNY schools. "If you can't go to college go to state! If you can't go to college, cause you really lack the knowledge, if you can't go to college go to state!" 🤣 They've since moved up to D1 for hockey so not sure who they pick on nowadays.

mikec142

good decision.

I'm not going anywhere for a while, but for some reason, Saratoga sticks in my mind. It's got a couple of very attractive things going for it. College town so remains young and vital. The performing arts center. Restaurants and bars. The track which brings a lot of life to town. Easy access to outdoor recreation. One hour on the nose to Gore. Close enough to Albany for any city related needs and an airport.