• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AT boot fitting

Andrew B.

I am looking at getting new boots this year. I have ~150 days on Technica Cochise 120 with a 99 toe box. These boots have been heavily worked over to fit my peculiar feet. Specifically I have some enlarged naviculars. I will also be getting new custom footbeds. This year I toured -75kvf.
Any ideas on a good “workable” AT boots? Some boots like the Heads have a carbon fiber reinforcement right where I need pockets blown out and I don’t think that’s a good idea. Anyone know much about the Scarpa boots construction?

Andrew B.

I have the previous version so check if these are too..but I like them.
I did and they are however, it looks like generally fit a narrow foot better than a wider one and may not work so well.
Does anyone have experience with the Technica Zero G Pro Tour 130? it looks like they have a wider toe box?

kbroderick

I went to the Atomic Hawx Prime XTD this year and the heat molding process took them from uncomfortable to a pretty damn good fit. If they're remotely close out of the box, they could be a good option.

dblskifanatic

I am looking at getting new boots this year. I have ~150 days on Technica Cochise 120 with a 99 toe box. These boots have been heavily worked over to fit my peculiar feet. Specifically I have some enlarged naviculars. I will also be getting new custom footbeds. This year I toured -75kvf.
Any ideas on a good “workable” AT boots? Some boots like the Heads have a carbon fiber reinforcement right where I need pockets blown out and I don’t think that’s a good idea. Anyone know much about the Scarpa boots construction?
Would a wider last help out? My wife's boot has the same last you mention, Also heat moldable boot would help possibly as others mentioned.