• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

MadKitty

FBGM

Broomfield mothership could be pretty close to actually being on fire. Like real fire. The two towns just north got destroyed last night. 75+mph wind with raging fires

raisingarizona

Broomfield mothership could be pretty close to actually being on fire. Like real fire. The two towns just north got destroyed last night. 75+mph wind with raging fires
Climate change is picking up momentum now. It’s getting very fucking real.

drjeff

Yup,

One of my Mount Snow friend's mother in-law lives just outside Boulder and per a text he sent our ski friends group this morning, his MIL's house was lost to the fires last night.. Crazy stuff going on out there now

snoseek

icecoast1

They will milk omichron for every last drop. It's a convenient excuse
As long as they keep selling passes, i'm not sure it matters. As f'ed up as some of this stuff is, I feel like this "vail sucks" stuff is the case of the very loud vocal minority....

thetrailboss

Staff member
As long as they keep selling passes, i'm not sure it matters. As f'ed up as some of this stuff is, I feel like this "vail sucks" stuff is the case of the very loud vocal minority....
That is because the vast majority of Epic passholders ski ten days or less. The serious skiers, like here, expect more.

Kingslug20

A lot of people i talk to on the lifts have no idea what is going on with vail.

snoseek

Come ride the chairs in nh. Sure we're a small piece of the pie but the majority here are pretty disappointed.

Kingslug20

I bet. Most people think this is all weather related...
Next week starting monday will be prime snow making weather...we shall see

snoseek

I mean I've not been to wildcat but those locals have internet and a quick glance will tell you cannon has 42 trails open vs wildcats 7. I expect cannon will pick up some traffic next year along with ikon and new england pass

MadKitty

I bet they implode but not for several years. The online chatter about Vail resorts has become overwhelmingly negative within the past year, even on platforms that are more likely to attract casual skiers such as instagram and facebook. Once pass sales fall I expect them to respond with with further austerity measures to keep quarterly profits up. This will drive more skiers away. A private company would not be incentivized to be this shortsighted.

FBGM

I bet they implode but not for several years. The online chatter about Vail resorts has become overwhelmingly negative within the past year, even on platforms that are more likely to attract casual skiers such as instagram and facebook. Once pass sales fall I expect them to respond with with further austerity measures to keep quarterly profits up. This will drive more skiers away. A private company would not be incentivized to be this shortsighted.
They will turn comments off IG soon. Surprised they haven’t already. The robot that runs the accounts probably didn’t do it yet.

They remove any negative Facebook comments. Done that for years now

chuckstah

They will turn comments off IG soon. Surprised they haven’t already. The robot that runs the accounts probably didn’t do it yet.

They remove any negative Facebook comments. Done that for years now
Wildcat regularly deletes most all of my IG comments.