• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How has Okemo been this year?

Mike521

Hi all,

I have a weekend trip planned for Okemo coming up soon. Just wondering how it's looking from people who have been there this season

- snow / ice conditions? Did they get decent snow and/or are they making enough to compensate for the lack? Any trails to avoid?
- lift lines etc?

I'm beginner / intermediate snowboarder so I'll be spending my time on greens and blues

thanks in advance : )

keyser soze

Not sure about current conditions, but snow is on the way. Keep your fingers crossed.

NYDB

They should make out well from the upcoming storm. If you are an intermediate snowboarder, I would think the entire mountain is in play. The only trails to avoid are the sideways ones at the bottom of the main hill. That is such a strange setup

jimmywilson69

Looks like they are finally starting to open some of the Jackson Gore and South Face Terrain which per the OP, likely doesn't matter.

Kingslug20

Went there after an 18 inch storm...roads had closed so we stayed in that hotel,/ castle looking building
While the place isnt steep..with a lot of snow on it,it was fun.

KustyTheKlown

Went there after an 18 inch storm...roads had closed so we stayed in that hotel,/ castle looking building
While the place isnt steep..with a lot of snow on it,it was fun.

i went there after a huge dump a few years ago (had a house in ludlow with a group of people and no one was buying my 'guys trust me we should be at magic or killington today'). i found myself many times stuck in deep snow in areas that didn't have enough pitch for me to continue forward motion. not fun. waste of snow.

machski

i went there after a huge dump a few years ago (had a house in ludlow with a group of people and no one was buying my 'guys trust me we should be at magic or killington today'). i found myself many times stuck in deep snow in areas that didn't have enough pitch for me to continue forward motion. not fun. waste of snow.
Come on, perfect time to burn one up isn't it??

abc

You just lure them in with kindness then belittle the hell out them later with your always right attitude.
Yes, I belittle the "regulars" who share that same know it all attitude

Reality being, AZ is a closed board with only a few grumpy regulars talking to themselves. New comers are "gapers". Beginner? They only exist as part of the entourage of the "known" crowd.

Mike521

I have no idea what you're all talking about
Confused Tony Goldwyn GIF by HULU

urungus

Looks like they are finally starting to open some of the Jackson Gore and South Face Terrain which per the OP, likely doesn't matter.
I see Tuckered Out at Jackson Gore is finally open, OP Mike might want to check it out. It‘s my favorite Intermediate trail at Okemo with many twists and turns and corners that are fun to zoom around. As others have pointed out, Okemo is not that steep so OP should be fine on any green or blue, and by the end of the weekend, if comfortable on runs like Sapphire and Jolly Green Giant, might even want to try one of the long groomed blacks off the summit like Chief, World Cup, or Nor’Easter.

Last edited: