• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Last Push

machski

For some reason I thought they shut White Cap down the first week of April, oops. Better water delivery for Starlight now. By this time usually they're on their third dig up of Roadrunner lol. It was a struggle to make snow anywhere over there.

It will be interesting to see the difference the booster station will make getting water to the Western reaches next year.
Too funny on the RR dog! Yes, hoping it means Oz totally gets made. Something that hasn't happened in nearly a decade. Sad to see it in it's current shape, those trails are a blast in the spring with snow base on them.

Newpylong

What have they been doing, 1 or none of the two? Be nice to see Agony get a coat when they're on Barker like was always the norm too.

Kingslug20

Going to be 1..friggin degree at Stowe Monday! What is this spring everyone is talking about?

machski

What have they been doing, 1 or none of the two? Be nice to see Agony get a coat when they're on Barker like was always the norm too.
They have been making Lost Princess fairly routinely, usually once early and then a heavy recoat later but nothing this year. Eureka hasn't be touched by a gun in I have to say 6 years or so running now. They had set guns with hose last year and sounded like they intended to in mid February, then we got a decent amount of snow to open it on natural alone and they never fired the guns. With the line work this summer and the 8 dropping in Jordan, I am hoping they feel as I do that only 3 primary snomaking runs off that machine will not be adequate, and Oz benefits.

As to Agony, they have been hitting that sparingly the last several years, basically just boosting up what nature drops. They hate making snow on it with the current Barker machine. Even when they try they hit the sheaves/chairs/towers and that machine does not do well with that. So to try and limit the self impossed Barker lift downtime, they have limited snowmaking on Agony. 23-24 hopefully reverses that trend, I know it kills DB to not blow that trail deep.

thebigo

Loaf mentions a late March effort:

Speaking of snowmaking our crew is set to dust the cobwebs off and return to the hill for the next few days for a final push to hopefully keep us snow riding through April into May.

Reactions: Edd

slatham

Stratton, one TTB run is fully on based on CAM view.

Okemo has a few guns running from CAM view.

Newpylong

Judging by the amount of equipment running on Superstar currently, it should be interesting to see how much is laid down by the time they shutdown tomorrow or Wednesday. On the trail proper, they are just about at World Cup density.

jimmywilson69

Judging by the amount of equipment running on Superstar currently, it should be interesting to see how much is laid down by the time they shutdown tomorrow or Wednesday. On the trail proper, they are just about at World Cup density.

Looks impressive! K Website says 8 Degrees. You can pump out a lot of snow at that temperature.

Newpylong

1648489196036.png

That pile in front of that fan gun lower right is a whopper. My friend there also says lots of guns running on Snowdon too, also top of Snowshed.

machski

View attachment 53874

That pile in front of that fan gun lower right is a whopper. My friend there also says lots of guns running on Snowdon too, also top of Snowshed.
Snowdon getting a bunch is a bit of a surprise. Shoring up Snowshed isn't given the KBL teardown and work on the new. They don't have the normal base lodge to operate out of this spring, so have to keep some type of base open as long as they can. Probably hoping til they go weekends in May, then just use Umbrella bar pad.

jimmywilson69

yeah I found it odd they were making snow on Snowdon as opposed to blowing skylark deeper in the SS pod.

I saw that pile by the fan gun is huge earlier today. Its higher than the fan which is mounted on a tower.