• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

KustyTheKlown

the full indy pass made sense for me to avoid the hoops, especially since my big trip tends to straddle presidents weekend. need to take advantage of the freebie days off from work to travel. between skiing 49N on presidents weekend and cannon whenever i wanted to, it was worth the extra $100 for me. got full indy and full ikon for next year and looking forward to just not worrying about blackouts etc.

i checked flights for the next few weekends to denver, reno, portland, and seattle. prohibitively expensive shit. so instead i booked low commitment hotels at sugarbush, sugarloaf, sunday river, and salt lake city for 12/25-31 :p

machski

I wonder why SSPC doesn't release a transcript. I'd much rather read their stuff vs listen to the podcast.

Wasn't Abram on Indy? Maybe they're coming back. Black would be cool to, but they're already super cheap
It was and I suppose it could return. That or Black would be great for us. I suppose it could be Big Rock way up or the other smaller areas like Lost Valley, etc.

Zand

Someday we'll get that MRG/Smuggs/ORDA addition we've been dreaming of. But not in this lifetime.

Zand

I’d be pretty happy with Burke and Ragged.
Burke is already on their "half off" list (although I suppose it could move to the full list) but Ragged would be a pretty sweet addition.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm not expecting any more NH areas. Pretty well represented already with Pats, Cannon, Waterville and Black.

I do know they've met with MRG. That would be nice. Probably a ton of blackouts though as it's so darn crowded as is on decent snow weekends.

An Eastern Township area to pair with Jay would be awesome.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The ragged company would make some sense though

It would, but it seems Indy is pretty selective geographically in not wanting to oversaturate a particular market and potentially dilute the redemption rate at other member areas.

From a personal perspective, Ragged would be near the top of my list of what I'd love to see. I'd be psyched with any additions within two hours of the NH Seacoast.

thebigo

Ragged is not joining indy, they have a very good thing going. Camden or big rock are far better bets than ragged.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ragged is not joining indy, they have a very good thing going. Camden or big rock are far better bets than ragged.

Camden maybe......

Big Rock, definitely not. I'd be shocked by them being added. It's way too far away from anywhere else. There's no benefit to anyone.

I've skied there three times and only because of work travel taking me up there. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of their skier visits are by locals within 90 minutes or less from there.

The redemption rate at Big Rock would be almost zero. It's 4:40 from the next nearest Indy area with Saddleback. How many Big Rock locals are gonna pay the $175 add on price or whatever it is to ski two days at Saddleback? How many people with Indy are going to drive two plus hours past Bangor to ski Big Rock?

I would love it though as Big Rock is probably the best sub 1000 vertical mountain in Northern New England that I've skied. It's awesome and also ridiculously cheap as is. Two of the times I skied there it was $5 for a 3-8PM ticket.

2planks2coasts

Camden maybe......

Big Rock, definitely not. I'd be shocked by them being added. It's way too far away from anywhere else. There's no benefit to anyone.

I've skied there three times and only because of work travel taking me up there. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of their skier visits are by locals within 90 minutes or less from there....
I wouldn't be as sure as some about Ragged not joining. Cannon, Pats, White Pass, etc, etc all had "very good things" going before joining. The other Pacific group resorts would be a nice addition too.

I also wouldn't rule out places like Big Rock based on distance to...well.....anything. Sawmill, Bluewood, Terry Peak???? Some of the most intriguing Indy resorts are a days drive PAST nowhere.

KustyTheKlown

swing n' a miss

the only conceivable visit i could ever imagine would be a stop-over on the forever drive up to the gaspe peninsula and the chiccys

deadheadskier

Staff member
Color me surprised. I was wrong there for sure. I figured since Mt Abram failed to make the math work on Indy, that Big Rock also wouldn't be a good fit. My understanding with Abram is they weren't getting the redemption rate that made sense both for them and Indy. Big Rock will have an even tougher time I would think.

Go figure, now that I have access to Big Rock, I no longer travel up that far for work. Awesome little hill, but can only see myself making that journey again if a work trip is involved.