• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

2planks2coasts

So now a $225 whaleback season pass will allow you to purchase Indy “Add On“ pass, saving $90 over regular Indy Pass. Plus IIRC, Whaleback season pass traditionally has had pretty generous benefits with other partner resorts, though they haven’t posted details for next year yet.
True... Wonder if Whaleback will stay on the Freedom Pass.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Might do a Burke day when I track up to Jay, but not all that likely as I could get that same 25% off a third day at Jay. Unlikely to make it that far at a 50% off time. Maybe Spring break if they still have snow and I haven't used my Jay Days (unlikely).

eatskisleep

So now a $225 whaleback season pass will allow you to purchase Indy “Add On“ pass, saving $90 over regular Indy Pass. Plus IIRC, Whaleback season pass traditionally has had pretty generous benefits with other partner resorts, though they haven’t posted details for next year yet.
If legit, this is a great deal. Would drive a lot of traffic whalebacks way too. Or at least more pass sales haha

p_levert

This latest Indy enhancement is a big nothingburger to me (not currently an Indy passholder). I was hoping that Mr. Fish would do something like the Epic Day Pass where you could buy 1-5 lift tickets in advance which would work across the Indy network, probably with multiple tiers (more for the good places in NE and Utah, less for the MI/Wi/IA podunk places, just like Epic Day).

deadheadskier

Staff member
This latest Indy enhancement is a big nothingburger to me (not currently an Indy passholder). I was hoping that Mr. Fish would do something like the Epic Day Pass where you could buy 1-5 lift tickets in advance which would work across the Indy network, probably with multiple tiers (more for the good places in NE and Utah, less for the MI/Wi/IA podunk places, just like Epic Day).

I doubt you will see something like that. I personally don't want Indy Pass to mimic anything Vail does. Most people who subscribe to the program do so because the areas on the pass aren't overcrowded. Allowing folks to just hand pick days at certain areas will only serve to make a place like Cannon more crowded and then other areas like a Suicide Six or Black see no traffic benefit at all.

I think the new option makes a lot of sense for the tier places that are offering the program. They're not places that would likely see a lot of redemption if they were full Indy partners.

As it is, the pass is incredibly cheap for what it does offer provided you live in a location to access many of the areas. It's perfect for me living in Southern NH.

jaytrem

They're making it hard, but I may forgo the Indy this year. I purchased the Yeti pass which gets me 1 ticket to every Utah place. That matches up with the Utah 5th Grade Passport that I'll get for my kids.

The other trips I'm thinking about is Colorado and Western PA/NY and Ohio. With a Monrach pass and my Epic Local I would get Loveland, Cooper, Monarch, Crested Butte, Purgatory, Hesperus, Powderhorn, Sunlight, A-Basin. My kids would get the Colorado 5th Grade Passport. Would also like a day at Telluride, I'd have to pay for that one, but just for myself. Western PA/Ohio would be mostly Epic. While the small Buffalo places don't seem to partner with anybody. Wouldn't take the kids on that trip.

Probably spending too much on passes for myself, but I feel much better about the math when I add in the nearly free skiing that the girls would get. Only get that opportunity around 4th to 6th grade. It does work out nicely with twins.

AdironRider

Pulled the trigger on the Indy+ with the renewal discount at 352 bucks.

My usage is 2 days each at Suicide, Pats, Waterville, Cannon, Jay, Bolton and if the schedule works at Snow King, Lost Trail and Red Lodge.

That’s a steal.

Mum skier

Pulled the trigger on the Indy+ with the renewal discount at 352 bucks.

My usage is 2 days each at Suicide, Pats, Waterville, Cannon, Jay, Bolton and if the schedule works at Snow King, Lost Trail and Red Lodge.

That’s a steal.
We bought switch passes today (apparently prices go up after tomorrow). We will still buy Epic Local as well, but hopefully this gives us a few other options. Couldn’t quite bring myself to go for the “plus” option so have to see how painful the blackouts are to work around (kids in school so only ski weekend and holidays).

AdironRider

I had the regular pass this year and found the blackouts to be an issue, notably early season and holidays. I've got a kid under 2 and limited availability so not as flexible as some can be to work around the blackout dates.

That said its manageable for most. I really enjoyed Suicide Six and Pats over the holidays, both were really well run.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I had the regular pass this year and found the blackouts to be an issue, notably early season and holidays. I've got a kid under 2 and limited availability so not as flexible as some can be to work around the blackout dates.

That said its manageable for most. I really enjoyed Suicide Six and Pats over the holidays, both were really well run.

Fit a Saddleback weekend into your family schedule. Worth the journey from the Upper Valley for sure.

nycskier

The 2 Connecticut mountains I wish they would add to the the Indy Pass is Mount Southington and Powder Ridge. Both are independently owned and this would make the Indy Pass the ultimate Connecticut ski pass.

machski

Finally getting around to listening to the SSPC with Doug Fish from a week ago or so. We know about the Alliance partners added in New England, but in that episode he stated that Indy will be adding area(s) in Maine for this coming season. Hmmm

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The 2 Connecticut mountains I wish they would add to the the Indy Pass is Mount Southington and Powder Ridge. Both are independently owned and this would make the Indy Pass the ultimate Connecticut ski pass.

Sundown exceeds both those places combined and it's the only one that has some resemblance of nature. Put that on Indy!

I'd love to see alta trade ikon for Indy. It'd be a huge benefit for altas image and Indy's sales would blow up.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Finally getting around to listening to the SSPC with Doug Fish from a week ago or so. We know about the Alliance partners added in New England, but in that episode he stated that Indy will be adding area(s) in Maine for this coming season. Hmmm

I wonder why SSPC doesn't release a transcript. I'd much rather read their stuff vs listen to the podcast.

Wasn't Abram on Indy? Maybe they're coming back. Black would be cool to, but they're already super cheap