• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Worst Ski Area Drives for Impatient People

Yo VT Raps

Rutland to Killington is on my list.

Denver to the mountains isn't as bad as some might think.... it's going from the mountains back to Denver on Sunday that is the killer.

nhskier1969

Kingfield to Sugarloaf. Every single corner you think you are at the access road but it just keeps going.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I'm spoiled because Ragged is 10 minutes away. Going anywhere else is a pain. I'd say that the hardest place to get to might be Dartmouth Skiway because I have to either drive all the way around through Hanover or it's dirt roads almost the whole way. Not bad in winter but spring can be a challenge.

BodeMiller1

Kingfield to Sugarloaf. Every single corner you think you are at the access road but it just keeps going.
If it wasn't for the ice/blue snowflakes on the "telephone poles" I would have turned back. Butt, the sign "If you were at Sunday River you would be t the top" makes it okay.
Yea, I know the sign was removed when they were both run out of the same holding company.

Ford Motor Co. Detroit Michigan - Cusip # 345370860 up 00.53 USD

Ford Motor Co. Frankfurt Germany - Cusip # US3453708600 up 00.66 EUR

I own neither

BodeMiller1

I'm an hour maybe two in a storm from Cannon and I drink beer on the way up. Also, I have a choice of McDonalds (my favorite Irish place), Burger King or Dunkin Donuts. So, it is what it is. If I go off the road it's not a big deal because I know the tolerances of the road, my car and I don't get near other drivers. I don't care what MADD mothers think, they're going to be made about something...

Further, very few people can control the powerful cars of today. I'm not an expert driver butt, at least I try to keep myself and others safe. I'd like to see a study of dry pavement vs. powder day trips to the hills. On second thought, it would be another worthless...

IceEidolon

I've never been so glad not to be around NH. Even the assholes at the snowmakers party usually have DDs or sleep it off. What the actual fuck.

BodeMiller1

When I was at U.N.H. in the 80's there was a professor. The guy was the head of the N.H. State Prison. He said, "when I go to my farm I sip a beer on the way". His point was citizens do not know the law. I'm pretty sure if you're not over .08 BAC your good. Yea, the state can charge you under the limit or is you refuse they get you on implied consent...

So there's that.

BodeMiller1

This is where it's at...

Ford Motor Co. looks like it's ready to break out. Perfect Head and Shoulders on the one year graph.

Attachments

• super-troopers.jpg
    super-troopers.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 3

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
When I was at U.N.H. in the 80's there was a professor. The guy was the head of the N.H. State Prison. He said, "when I go to my farm I sip a beer on the way". His point was citizens do not know the law. I'm pretty sure if you're not over .08 BAC your good. Yea, the state can charge you under the limit or is you refuse they get you on implied consent...

So there's that.

849A653E-3F7B-4E20-A2A4-99A08C0DD044.gif

https://www.russmanlaw.com/transporting-alcoholic-beverages-in-nh

In addition to driving under the influence of alcohol, a person in New Hampshire can be charged with a crime if they operate a vehicle with an open container of alcohol in their possession. Because the presence of an open container of an alcoholic beverage presents the opportunity for the driver to consume the alcohol while driving, lawmakers feel that there is no justifiable reason for anyone to have an open container of alcohol in the vehicle. This is especially so if the driver is under the legal drinking age.

Edd

In the 80’s you could have an open container as long as you were under the limit. That changed late 80’s.
It’s still like that for boats in NH, which I learned last year when I started driving them.

chuckstah

In the 80’s you could have an open container as long as you were under the limit. That changed late 80’s.
I remember back in the day, just before the law changed, a bunch of Yahoo's stuffed in one car heading to Lincoln for the weekend. Friend was driving (not drinking), while his wife was riding shotgun with a bottle of something, can't remember what, pouring shots. Everyone except the driver had a roadie going. Friend managed to get pulled over for like 5 over speeding (profiled). Got a warning once he was found to be sober. The officer very nicely told us all that the law is charging shortly, and act accordingly.
The good old days.....