• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Dickc

Apparently Epic Northeast passes were listed as only blacked on 1-14. Vail is telling anyone who shows up today its a marketing error, that today, too, was blacked out, and that they need to purchase a ticket. This was appently at Okemo.

abc

Apparently Epic Northeast passes were listed as only blacked on 1-14. Vail is telling anyone who shows up today its a marketing error, that today, too, was blacked out, and that they need to purchase a ticket. This was appently at Okemo.

“Marketing error”? Isn’t that synonymous with “bait and switch”?

It’s not clear to me whether Vail is linked to that “marketing”. If it is, and it’s listed as “not black out”, Vail had to honor it. Anyone who bought the $100 ticket has every right to claim a refund.

thetrailboss

Staff member

"You got a problem with that?!"

rob katz troopers.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member

(And that is a private FB group so I can't see it. Can you get a screen shot?)

thetrailboss

Staff member

And this is straight from the horse's mouth. If I were Vail, I'd be really careful not to piss off folks considering how shitty the season has been on the east coast. But then again they set new lows and yet people continue to go EPIC because apparently the only thing that matters is price.

2022/23 SEASON

HOLIDAY RESTRICTED DATES​

Holiday Restricted dates are days where certain Passes are restricted from access at our resorts.
  • 11/25/22 - 11/26/22
  • 12/26/22 - 12/31/22
  • 01/14/23
  • 02/18/23 - 02/19/23
These restricted dates and resorts vary by Pass type, for full details please find your Pass in the below list.

snoseek

This is terrible business. Just cut em a day tag and keep your internet bashing to a minimum.

pinion

Wildcat lost power for 2 hours.
Just starting up now
Thankfully I was not stuck on a lift this time (same thing happened 3 weeks ago and I was stuck for 45 minutes on the quad) and waited this one out… made the best of it. Grilled some sausages in the parking lot and lifts were running around 12:30. Maybe 300 people left on the mountain. Ended up being a stellar day.

Still…. 2 power outages on holiday weekends within 3 weeks? Ugh. And some folks were on the quad waiting to get off for well over 1.5 hours.

When the quad finally re-opened we were 3/4 of the way up my son points to something under us and says “someone spilled lemonade or something”. That wasn’t lemonade. Someone somewhere has a great story about someone else peeing off the lift during a power outage…..

cdskier

When the quad finally re-opened we were 3/4 of the way up my son points to something under us and says “someone spilled lemonade or something”. That wasn’t lemonade. Someone somewhere has a great story about someone else peeing off the lift during a power outage…..

LOL. I was actually on a lift once with someone that peed off the chair. The chair wasn't even stopped.... Not something I would do if I was by myself on a chair, never mind with people I don't even know.

jaytrem

And this is straight from the horse's mouth. If I were Vail, I'd be really careful not to piss off folks considering how shitty the season has been on the east coast. But then again they set new lows and yet people continue to go EPIC because apparently the only thing that matters is price.

2022/23 SEASON

HOLIDAY RESTRICTED DATES​

Holiday Restricted dates are days where certain Passes are restricted from access at our resorts.
  • 11/25/22 - 11/26/22
  • 12/26/22 - 12/31/22
  • 01/14/23
  • 02/18/23 - 02/19/23
These restricted dates and resorts vary by Pass type, for full details please find your Pass in the below list.

They "marketing errored" all over that page, so they can't even claim it was a typing error. I see a class action coming on this one.

eatskisleep

When will people get it… you want change? Stop buying Epic passes, especially season passes which give them free rein to deliver as shitty a product as they want since they already have your money.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They "marketing errored" all over that page, so they can't even claim it was a typing error. I see a class action coming on this one.
Exactly. Why even fuck with that? It is CLEARLY stated on their OWN page that there was only ONE date blacked out. It is black and white. Case closed. It costs them NOTHING to just roll with it and keep people happy. But no, they need to try to make more $$$.

It was only a "mistake" because their eastern properties are having a sucking season. It is a blatant money grab AND YET how many people will just renew because it is a cheap pass? Vail will hold prices or drop them a bit and folks will forget this. AZer's will not, but the average Joe will not know any better.

SLyardsale

Exactly. Why even fuck with that? It is CLEARLY stated on their OWN page that there was only ONE date blacked out. It is black and white. Case closed. It costs them NOTHING to just roll with it and keep people happy. But no, they need to try to make more $$$.

It was only a "mistake" because their eastern properties are having a sucking season. It is a blatant money grab AND YET how many people will just renew because it is a cheap pass? Vail will hold prices or drop them a bit and folks will forget this. AZer's will not, but the average Joe will not know any better.
They do want you to read the fine print...

ne vail.JPG

vail 1.JPG