• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiology Matt in Litigation

icecoast1

Also love how its a bunch of grown ass adults commending him for saying he was wrong and how much they respect it….how about don’t go off on a tirade over hearsay and you won’t have to issue any apologies. Looks like he deleted evey comment that wasn’t saying how great he is now.
Turning into heavens gate over there….
View attachment 57594View attachment 57595View attachment 57596View attachment 57593

How much of the funding he receives goes towards funding an operation of social media bots to make it seem like he has more following and support than he actually does?

ThatGuy

All you have to do is join the Indy Pass Facebook group to understand how ill informed and gaper leaning the general skiing population is…

KustyTheKlown

All you have to do is join the Indy Pass Facebook group to understand how ill informed and gaper leaning the general skiing population is…
I think im gonna voluntarily leave that one. I just can’t take the inanity and repeated postings of the same stupid questions all season long

thetrailboss

Staff member
So he has a business setup yet is collecting contributions through a combination of Venmo payments to him personally and paypal donations to a separate company. Forget about the lawsuit...I'd love for the IRS to get their hands on him. Unless he has a very good (and expensive) accountant, there's little chance he's actually properly reporting all the money...
I imagine that fact discovery will require him to produce his tax records since part of the claim is that he is profiting off their name.

icecoast1

I imagine that fact discovery will require him to produce his tax records since part of the claim is that he is profiting off their name.

That one could come back to bite him in the ass. Imagine him trying to argue with an IRS agent about how he's right about the tax code and how he doesn't owe taxes and refuses to pay them (until he issues a fake apology and eventually does when facing jail time)

There's no way that tool is bright enough to run a business the right way

RH29

Also, I lol'ed at his Tuesday trip report. There's a lot to unpack, but highlights include...

-Thinking the best place to "hunt pow" in a coastal, elevation based storm, was Berkshire East, which sits at an average elevation of about 1000 feet, down in Massachusetts.
-Being so worried about windholds that he wouldn't ski VT, but completely ignoring the power outage potential in a storm that is dumping feet of heavy, wet snow
-"I'm not high maintenance"
-"I never expect any special treatment" (is that why he texted Jon Schaefer to tell him he was coming?)

ThatGuy

He also got private cat rides from Jon Schaefer, dude is a menace to the ski industry. People are afraid of the repercussions if they don’t play nice with him and his cult. Thats why hes targeting Indy places, he has the most leverage there.

cdskier

And in his latest fundraising drive post he's now claiming that running Skiology is a 365 day a year job! LOL (And still oddly no mention whether any of the funds raised go towards his legal fees).

SteezyRob

Also love how its a bunch of grown ass adults commending him for saying he was wrong and how much they respect it….how about don’t go off on a tirade over hearsay and you won’t have to issue any apologies. Looks like he deleted evey comment that wasn’t saying how great he is now.
Turning into heavens gate over there….
that's really cringe. what does he do again, report on the weather?! how can people like him so much

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
I don't agree with his approach on many things, but I don't think Matt is any kind of threat. He's not really hurting anyone.

I think making the group private is a good positive first step. The guy has myriad fans and detractors, this will help keep them separate. Taking the whole thing subscription would be even better. Who's going to pay $29 for a chance to troll him?

Plus right now Facebook owns him. Go to your own domain Matt and own your own content. You like to write, Google will reward you with traffic.

There is something keeping him from making the move. He must like something about the FB format.

ThatGuy

I think he knows that most of his supporters are repeat contributors so when he switches to a one time payment hes going to lose money. I doubt he will grow beyond what he has now after how hes handled things recently. Its polarized people too much.
I could be wrong though. Honestly the group used to be decent until it grew and his ego did with it. The mods he has are also part of the problem. Its just turning into a sycophantic echo chamber at this point and after the paywall it will get even worse.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I think he knows that most of his supporters are repeat contributors so when he switches to a one time payment hes going to lose money. I doubt he will grow beyond what he has now after how hes handled things recently. Its polarized people too much.
I could be wrong though. Honestly the group used to be decent until it grew and his ego did with it. The mods he has are also part of the problem. Its just turning into a sycophantic echo chamber at this point and after the paywall it will get even worse.
Hasn't he been threatening a paywall for a while now?