• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

parahelia

Maybe,

Maybe but all the forecasts I saw before I left for work yesterday showed a dash of wet to end the precip. Given how the fronts coming in line up, I don’t think even Loaf or SB will escape without a dash of liquid.
Yeah, there’s definitely been some wet this afternoon/evening. Not a lot, but it’s pretty damp out. Sigh.

thetrailboss

Staff member
This is interesting.

KustyTheKlown

Based on written reports from jay and sugarbush I think I made a good choice coming here today. They got minimal rain and it’s already warm and Sunny. This place is gonna unlock by 11 and be awesome. Got my shades on today. Goggles on top of helmet. Listening to jrad with mayer sit in

Edd

Based on written reports from jay and sugarbush I think I made a good choice coming here today. They got minimal rain and it’s already warm and Sunny. This place is gonna unlock by 11 and be awesome. Got my shades on today. Goggles on top of helmet. Listening to jrad with mayer sit in
And where are you? SR?

KustyTheKlown

Why don't you like the Jordan 8? Lines?
It’s chaotic. The line is poorly managed. People are dumb and constantly fuck up queuing or riding the moving carpet. 8 is overkill. When someone insists on bubble down (on this gorgeous sunny day) they bend my poles. Wanna chill on a big leather couch? Do it at home

thetrailboss

Staff member
It’s chaotic. The line is poorly managed. People are dumb and constantly fuck up queuing or riding the moving carpet. 8 is overkill. When someone insists on bubble down (on this gorgeous sunny day) they bend my poles. Wanna chill on a big leather couch? Do it at home
Yeah, it is also spring break for many and there are gapers a plenty. Yesterday at Alta we had people being dinks in line doing similar things. At Sunnyside 6 people STILL can't count or figure out that yes it handles six people per chair and it is a five minute ride so shut up and get on the chair. The biggest dink move I saw at least a few times was Alta lining people into groups of four for the RFID gates at Supreme only to have two decide they didn't like the others and then break up into two chairs while there was a pretty big line. I also had chairs where folks were safety-bar happy and yanked it down with no warning.

KustyTheKlown

I gotta say it - this Jordan and Oz stuff is super fun. Wish it was a few hundred feet more vert on these but def having a really fun day out here. I’ve never been here when all this stuff has been open.

It’s a gorgeous day. Im gonna take the long way back thru Conway to get to WRJ so I can have some nice mountain sunsety driving. Recs on food around Conway? $20-$40 total or so, no alcohol required, take away, or sit at a bar. Open to cuisines. Must be able to have a salad or some sort of actual vegetables involved.

lol thanks

Attachments

• 97919D50-98FB-40B6-B46E-C856AE70FA57.png
    97919D50-98FB-40B6-B46E-C856AE70FA57.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 20

2Planker

Noche. Great Mex in Conway village. No need to turn right into N Conway. But if you do Luchador Tacos or Abenaki Pub on the strip

thetrailboss

Staff member
I gotta say it - this Jordan and Oz stuff is super fun. Wish it was a few hundred feet more vert on these but def having a really fun day out here. I’ve never been here when all this stuff has been open.

It’s a gorgeous day. Im gonna take the long way back thru Conway to get to WRJ so I can have some nice mountain sunsety driving. Recs on food around Conway? $20-$40 total or so, no alcohol required, take away, or sit at a bar. Open to cuisines. Must be able to have a salad or some sort of actual vegetables involved.

lol thanks
It's been a long time for me, but Moat Mountain Brewing and Smokehouse is pretty good. Did my stag party there in 2010.

thetrailboss

Staff member

lol thanks
Is Oz Quad running?

thebigo

Noche. Great Mex in Conway village. No need to turn right into N Conway. But if you do Luchador Tacos or Abenaki Pub on the strip
Abenaki? One of the very few bad meals I have ever had in town.

Top five for us are probably: moat, may Kelly's, shannon door, Delaney, muddy moose and tuckermans. Red parka decent for drinks but not great food. Luchador definitely for takeout.

Edd

Delaney’s is legitimately good, as is the Moat but I’d expect both to be shitshows tonight.

skef

Loon is better at managing this horrific monster
There’s a learning curve. It took Loon a while to get “better” and I think even they still have a ways to go.

Love the Maine quotes on the backs of the chairs, have to say. Haven’t seen mention of that. ‘Scool.