• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whos fault?

Former Sunday Rivah Rat

please hurry. You’re like perpetually stuck in the 90’s. Did your wife run off with a snowboarder or something?
No just seen too many boarders causing accidents. They cut people off all the time because they can't see behind their back. Half the trail is essentially a boarders blind side.
They also pick the worst place to sit down: in the middle of runs, after a hill in a blind spot.
Your picture speaks volumes about you. Are you a big Kenny Powers fan?

Last edited:

skiur

No just seen too many boarders causing accidents. They cut people off all the time because they can't see behind their back. Half the trail is essentially a boarders blind side.
They also pick the worst place to sit down: in the middle of runs, after a hill in a blind spot.
Your picture speaks volumes about you. Are you a big Kenny Powers fan?

Skiers do the same shit.

oldfartrider

I saw a big collision at Mt Ellen on Sunday. While riding the summit quad a skier ran into a group of 4 skiers standing on Lookin Good trail. Lost control about 20 ft before them and took at least 2 of them out. Then not a minute later on the same lift ride witnessed a skier coming down upper FIS going easily 50 mph missed a skier on the cross trail by inches.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The latest on this one.....

Bump. It's going to trial next week.

jimmywilson69

I actually saw that this morning and was going to post in here later.

Kind of a crazy story. Seems like dude might be trying for a cash grab.

Edd

gmcunni

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Yet again the snowboarder is at fault
;-)

He probably just smoked a joint on the other side of the shack. 😁🎣

gmcunni

Hate to say it but the skier

skiur

Hate to say it but the skier

Clearly the skier, why do you hate to say it?

gmcunni

Honestly, not sure who's fault. I guess the snowboarder.

djd66

Honestly, not sure who's fault. I guess the snowboarder.
Not sure who's at fault??? Are you joking? 110% the snowboarders fault. If you read the IG post, he pretty much admitted it was his fault. Fortunately, no one was hurt.

gmcunni

Not sure who's at fault??? Are you joking? 110% the snowboarders fault. If you read the IG post, he pretty much admitted it was his fault. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
As far as I'm concerned it is ALWAYS the snowboarder's fault ;-) but seriously, why would the skier just wander into the landing zone of a jump in a park without looking?

urungus

As far as I'm concerned it is ALWAYS the snowboarder's fault ;-) but seriously, why would the skier just wander into the landing zone of a jump in a park without looking?
Dumb/dangerous move by the skier, but the snowboarder is still 100% at fault, the skier downhill of him was clearly visible at the start

Edd

Might need more context. The skier appears to be almost loitering on the other side of a jump. You’d never find me in that location. Also, not 100% clear the snowboarder was able to see him uphill of the jump.

Last edited:

drjeff

Gotta give some of the blame to the snowboarders presumed friend who was filming him, as well as having some roll as a spotter for the jump landing area to make sure it was clear. Even though the skier (stupidly) went into the landing area, ultimately when in a terrain park, it is the responsibility of the person using the features and/or their spotter to make sure the landing area is clear before they hit the feature.

Heard many an ambassador back in the day at Carinthia at Mount Snow (Vail unfortunately, and stupidly IMHO, cut back/eliminated the park rangers over the last year or so) and they were very good at educating in a way that both park feature users and folks just skiing/riding down the sides of the park in designated travel lanes, knew that those using the features HAD the responsibility to make sure the landings were clear before they went off them, as well as those using the sides of the park knew enough to stay out of the landing areas