• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

powbmps

Have fun spring cleaning...

A season in the life...

October:
bumper - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! That's gonna help form a nice base for when the season starts. I can't wait!"
bc'er - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! I'm playing hooky tomorrow. The season has started!"

November:
b - "Season started! Still a little thin and too early for good bump runs but I kept hitting the same line over and over again to try to build a nice bump run. Maybe at the end of the day I'll have some moderate troughs to pound."
bc - "Still a little thin. Time to look for bony liftlines and maybe hit up MRG before they open"

December:
b - "Great skiing. I need to keep hitting the bumps to get better today so I can hit the same bump line tomorrow. Maybe next week I'll do some bumps at some other mountain. "
bc - "I've been going into the trees too much. I need to get some more lift served runs in to get in shape for my Chic Chocs trip."

January:
b - "This thaw sucks. More snow!"
bc - "This thaw sucks. More snow!"

February:
b - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. It kinda bogged me down too much on that steep 25 degree run. But luckily it soon formed into beautiful humps of snow - I really like skiing interesting terrain made possible only after a run has been skied repeatedly by a huge crowd"
bc - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. Slept on the mountain and got first tracks on untouched powder! Nothing like having a blank natural canvas to ski your art upon."

March:
b - "I better rush and get in the last days of the season"
bc - "Sweet, spring skiing is about to start"

April:
b - "What a great season. I must've had 1000+ runs and only one knee reconstruction! I guess its time to hit the honey-do list"
bc - "This spring snow is phenomenal!! With this snow pack I'll be skiing into June!"

May:
b - "I guess I should probably post a thread on a skiing forum expressing how much I can't wait until the start of next season."
bc - "The snow is still hanging around, I'm hitting nasty lines left and right every weekend, what a great spring season this is turning out to be!"

June:
b - "I guess I should probably post a thread on a skiing forum expressing how much I can't wait until the start of next season."
bc - "Still some stuff left on the right aspects... season is winding down"

July:
rivercoil - "Maybe I can get a few turns on that 40ft patch of snow on Mt Washington" :D

That's good s**t! :lol:

redalienx11

Website
www.alaskamountainguides.com

A season in the life...

October:
bumper - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! That's gonna help form a nice base for when the season starts. I can't wait!"
bc'er - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! I'm playing hooky tomorrow. The season has started!"

November:
b - "Season started! Still a little thin and too early for good bump runs but I kept hitting the same line over and over again to try to build a nice bump run. Maybe at the end of the day I'll have some moderate troughs to pound."
bc - "Still a little thin. Time to look for bony liftlines and maybe hit up MRG before they open"

December:
b - "Great skiing. I need to keep hitting the bumps to get better today so I can hit the same bump line tomorrow. Maybe next week I'll do some bumps at some other mountain. "
bc - "I've been going into the trees too much. I need to get some more lift served runs in to get in shape for my Chic Chocs trip."

January:

February:
b - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. It kinda bogged me down too much on that steep 25 degree run. But luckily it soon formed into beautiful humps of snow - I really like skiing interesting terrain made possible only after a run has been skied repeatedly by a huge crowd"
bc - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. Slept on the mountain and got first tracks on untouched powder! Nothing like having a blank natural canvas to ski your art upon."

March:

April:
b - "What a great season. I must've had 1000+ runs and only one knee reconstruction! I guess its time to hit the honey-do list"
bc - "This spring snow is phenomenal!! With this snow pack I'll be skiing into June!"

May:
bc - "The snow is still hanging around, I'm hitting nasty lines left and right every weekend, what a great spring season this is turning out to be!"

June:

July:
rivercoil - "Maybe I can get a few turns on that 40ft patch of snow on Mt Washington" :D

Nice work! I like it.

jack97

A season in the life...

October:

November:

December:

January:

February:

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

Should be a sticky somewhere. :)

SIKSKIER

By the way (for all the jonesing bumpers who are bumming the season is over...), perfect corn in Gulf of Slides this morning with a side of slightly mashed potato in the afternoon. Overall, almost 2000 more vertical than lift serviced New England skiers got today.

Your the man.Keep on rippin riv.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Skiing in May sucks about as much as earning your turns does. Won't hear me complaining. Austin on the other hand... you should of heard him bitching about how horrendous the skiing was in Gulf of Slides this past weekend:

20080511gos06.jpg

Lame! Where are the bumps? Where is the lift? SO not worth it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
He's not in the back seat. Just a steep pitch and deceptive angle. That was actually some damn fine skiing from Austin. Here is another turn...

20080511gos07.jpg

Looks pretty sweet

So when does the Gulf of Slides T-Bar go in?

Turn earners are just like NIMBYS in my book. That looks like the perfect spot for a nice T-Bar up so I don't have to waste TIME hiking.

Turn Earners are a bit f'd in the head in my book. Why on earth would you want to waste your time hiking as opposed to doing laps on such sweet terrain via a lift?. The whole Big Jay thing bugs me the most. Nope gotta skin up it if you want to ski it neaner neaner neaner. It's not like cutting over from Jay proper isn't a huge motivation in terms of time on task and what it takes to get back to the base.

I don't want to hike, I don't want to wait in a liftline, I just want to ski. Downhill skiing is what I love.....all those other heady parts you turn earnin' hippies boast about, you can put it in your pipe and smoke it. I have no use for it.

Your all a bunch of posers anyway, especially you Rivercoil. :razz: You know damn well if you were living in Utah, MAYBE you'd be 'touring' come June, but not right now. You've said it as much yourself, you don't earn your turns until the good lift accessed skiing is done for the most part. If we were all in Utah, you'd be riding the Tram just like the rest of us at Snowbird right now.

Yep I said it, you turn earners are a bunch of posers :lol:

...now, would you mind if I tag along next spring? ;) I miss skiing :(

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Ha! :p

Just for the record, I am against the restriction on slacking Big Jay from Jay Peak. I enjoy slacking (looking forward to some Memorial Day weekend slacking!!) and I enjoy the lifts... but I think the pictures speak for themselves, especially when the lifts stop.

:D

drjeff

Yeah, it sucked. :razz:

Riverc0il near the top of the main gully:
00035a.jpg

Justin in gully #3
00051.jpg

Geeze man, why don't you just sit on one of these with that turn position ;)

Lazy_boy_Sofa.jpg

And then what's up with those snowblade length skis????

snowblades2.jpg

Don't ya know that any REAL skier won't be caught dead on anything less than a 215?? ;)

mondeo

Looks pretty sweet

So when does the Gulf of Slides T-Bar go in?

Turn earners are just like NIMBYS in my book. That looks like the perfect spot for a nice T-Bar up so I don't have to waste TIME hiking.

Turn Earners are a bit f'd in the head in my book. Why on earth would you want to waste your time hiking as opposed to doing laps on such sweet terrain via a lift?. The whole Big Jay thing bugs me the most. Nope gotta skin up it if you want to ski it neaner neaner neaner. It's not like cutting over from Jay proper isn't a huge motivation in terms of time on task and what it takes to get back to the base.

I don't want to hike, I don't want to wait in a liftline, I just want to ski. Downhill skiing is what I love.....all those other heady parts you turn earnin' hippies boast about, you can put it in your pipe and smoke it. I have no use for it.

Your all a bunch of posers anyway, especially you Rivercoil. :razz: You know damn well if you were living in Utah, MAYBE you'd be 'touring' come June, but not right now. You've said it as much yourself, you don't earn your turns until the good lift accessed skiing is done for the most part. If we were all in Utah, you'd be riding the Tram just like the rest of us at Snowbird right now.

Yep I said it, you turn earners are a bunch of posers :lol:

Well said.

awf170

So bump skiers, how has the skiing been lately? Today was another fine day on Washington. Only 1,100 ft. of completely continuous vertical. What's that like double the vert of Sundown?

Last edited: