• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Oh, and another thing. We bumpers can turn and work A&E at the same time. You BC turn earners just turn.
You might be surprised... if you actually checked out some BC skiers in the bumps...

You know what BC skiers consider bumps right? Leg conditioning for the real ski season.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Learn how to multitask, and you might actually start enjoying skiing enough to leave hiking for the summer months, where it should be kept instead of polluting the ski season.
I hike AND ski during July, does that count? Interestingly enough, I "enjoy" skiing ten months out of twelve and I enjoy each month in its own special way. Just like you enjoy your six months of bumps skiing in your special way.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
wachusett3-24-8-001.jpg

The trail looks like Worf's forehead.....

mondeo

Polluting?:dunce:
That's what I said. Why should I waste perfectly good snow by spending an hour or two dragging my ass and gear up the hill when there's a perfectly good machine designed to do it for me in five minutes?

Maybe it's just my common sense seeping into recreational activities...

As much as I enjoy skiing, I'm not going to drive 4 hours each way for 6 runs, any time of year. And in any case, seeing as how I don't waste my time hiking, I could ski one of my ski seasons for every three of a turn earner's and still come out ahead in the number of runs gotten in. If I actually lived in VT, NH, or ME, I might hike, and get some good flats training in during the summer, when there aren't any bumps for me to properly enjoy. 8)

I mean, really. Would you stop in the middle of sex, turn to your partner, and say, "well this is really good, but you know what? I think I'm gonna go hike up this 2000ft mountain. I'll be back in an hour or two to finish up."

mondeo

I hike AND ski during July, does that count? Interestingly enough, I "enjoy" skiing ten months out of twelve and I enjoy each month in its own special way. Just like you enjoy your six months of bumps skiing in your special way.

You turn earners have to enjoy everything in your own "special" way. After all, it's the only way you know how. :dunce:

snoseek

I mean, really. Would you stop in the middle of self gratification, look in the mirror, and say, "well this is really good, but you know what? I think I'm gonna go hike up this 2000ft mountain. I'll be back in an hour or two to finish up."

haha, I never really thought of that:p

snoseek

I'm not really some big B.C. expert. hiked for turns only 8 times so far this year. I do like to resort ski-at small soulful resorts mostly. I do like both hiking and skiing though, very rewarding and great excercise that I can always use.

That's what I said. Why should I waste perfectly good snow by spending an hour or two dragging my ass and gear up the hill when there's a perfectly good machine designed to do it for me in five minutes?

Maybe it's just my common sense seeping into recreational activities...

As much as I enjoy skiing, I'm not going to drive 4 hours each way for 6 runs, any time of year. And in any case, seeing as how I don't waste my time hiking, I could ski one of my ski seasons for every three of a turn earner's and still come out ahead in the number of runs gotten in. If I actually lived in VT, NH, or ME, I might hike, and get some good flats training in during the summer, when there aren't any bumps for me to properly enjoy. 8)

I mean, really. Would you stop in the middle of sex, turn to your partner, and say, "well this is really good, but you know what? I think I'm gonna go hike up this 2000ft mountain. I'll be back in an hour or two to finish up."

You're a bitter mo-fo..

That would be the perfect run..if there was about a foot and a half of fresh Poe to cover up the bumps. Screw the perfect lines..I like long swaths of ice followed by a huge powder bump...they're perfect for goose stomping..Seeded bumps are too easy..

jack97

That would be the perfect run..if there was about a foot and a half of fresh Poe to cover up the bumps. Screw the perfect lines..I like long swaths of ice followed by a huge powder bump...they're perfect for goose stomping..Seeded bumps are too easy..

You're kidding me about the perfect run with fresh pow, that seed formation is pitiful, its made for skiers who think you there are many ways to ski bumps.

Bump skiing is about holding the line in either seeded or skier made bump trails. And yes sometimes you have to alter the line in skier made but you know whether you held that line or not. Put it in terms you can understand; either you have to goods to put your partner in screaming ecstasy or you didn't... there's' no faking it.

Oh yeah, it been weeks since you scored.... forget what I said :grin:

awf170

All right bumpers, I think it is time for me to go sleep now since I have wake up early to go skiing tomorrow. So what are you guys doing tomorrow?:flame:

cbcbd

I'll tell you what I'm not doing: hiking. Hiking sucks. :angry:
Have fun spring cleaning...

A season in the life...

October:
bumper - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! That's gonna help form a nice base for when the season starts. I can't wait!"
bc'er - "Northern VT just got dumped on with almost 2'! I'm playing hooky tomorrow. The season has started!"

November:
b - "Season started! Still a little thin and too early for good bump runs but I kept hitting the same line over and over again to try to build a nice bump run. Maybe at the end of the day I'll have some moderate troughs to pound."
bc - "Still a little thin. Time to look for bony liftlines and maybe hit up MRG before they open"

December:
b - "Great skiing. I need to keep hitting the bumps to get better today so I can hit the same bump line tomorrow. Maybe next week I'll do some bumps at some other mountain. "
bc - "I've been going into the trees too much. I need to get some more lift served runs in to get in shape for my Chic Chocs trip."

January:
b - "This thaw sucks. More snow!"
bc - "This thaw sucks. More snow!"

February:
b - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. It kinda bogged me down too much on that steep 25 degree run. But luckily it soon formed into beautiful humps of snow - I really like skiing interesting terrain made possible only after a run has been skied repeatedly by a huge crowd"
bc - "Awesome day. Lots of new powder. Slept on the mountain and got first tracks on untouched powder! Nothing like having a blank natural canvas to ski your art upon."

March:
b - "I better rush and get in the last days of the season"
bc - "Sweet, spring skiing is about to start"

April:
b - "What a great season. I must've had 1000+ runs and only one knee reconstruction! I guess its time to hit the honey-do list"
bc - "This spring snow is phenomenal!! With this snow pack I'll be skiing into June!"

May:
b - "I guess I should probably post a thread on a skiing forum expressing how much I can't wait until the start of next season."
bc - "The snow is still hanging around, I'm hitting nasty lines left and right every weekend, what a great spring season this is turning out to be!"

June:
b - "I guess I should probably post a thread on a skiing forum expressing how much I can't wait until the start of next season."
bc - "Still some stuff left on the right aspects... season is winding down"

July:
rivercoil - "Maybe I can get a few turns on that 40ft patch of snow on Mt Washington" :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This year!
I have made July twice and last week of June once so I fully plan on doing my annual suffer fest as late as the snow arch holds out.

By the way (for all the jonesing bumpers who are bumming the season is over...), perfect corn in Gulf of Slides this morning with a side of slightly mashed potato in the afternoon. Overall, almost 2000 more vertical than lift serviced New England skiers got today.