• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nepaug 10/19

Greg

Staff member
As gaps jumps go it was pretty tame with little risk. It was in the power lines right near the ladder bridge over the VW. When we finished sessioning the VW we rode up a small hill and crossed the power lines. This jump was right there. you actually jump over the trail we rode on to cross the lines. Above the VW up the hill was that insane road gap. Well about 100 feet to the left (looking downhill) was another larger road gap in that power line trail. This is the one that Duffy hit. The smaller one Pat and I hit was down the hill from that one. One thing I didn't get to do was try the VW again. We spent to much time playing on the jumps. I really wanted to clear that stunt in the other direction which is much harder.

I noticed a bunch of hits along the powerlines on my way back. We have to give Nepaug some more attention next season. I love Nass but I think I've seen 80%+ of what's there. It's cool to ride a new area and Nepaug is only another 5 or 10 minutes for me.

MR. evil

I noticed a bunch of hits along the powerlines on my way back. We have to give Nepaug some more attention next season. I love Nass but I think I've seen 80%+ of what's there. It's cool to ride a new area and Nepaug is only another 5 or 10 minutes for me.

There is much more to Nepaug then we thought.

rueler

As gaps jumps go it was pretty tame with little risk. It was in the power lines right near the ladder bridge over the VW.

That one is fun...I think it's considered more of a step-up than a gap?? I don't know, that's what the guys were calling it.

The difference on this one is that there's no VOID in between the jump and the landing...if you come up short it's all right.

o3jeff

we also missed a really nice section that goes out to the overlook!! There's more insane stuntry, but the crowd pleaser going out there is the epic single track that seems to be mostly downhill or flat twisties for a couple of miles!!

Definitely want to hit this, as you saw I am more of a pedaler than a stunt rider.

powbmps

Gap jumps and a VW? I would liked to have witnessed some of that radness.

Good to hear no one got hurt. It's getting a little too close to ski season for any of that business.

MR. evil

That one is fun...I think it's considered more of a step-up than a gap?? I don't know, that's what the guys were calling it.

The difference on this one is that there's no VOID in between the jump and the landing...if you come up short it's all right.

If you come up short or long on that one you are ok. Land with your front tire into the step and its not so cool. :-o

The big reason I am happy about hitting that one is that the lip was pretty steep and throws you up. I have always had an issue on jumps like that. I prefer ones like on Deli slicer that throw you more out than up. But that first that one DS at the bottom of the hill does throw you up more than the other 3.

2knees

I'd agree with that assesment. Way back, and i wont use this reference anymore, but when i was racing motocross that wouldve been considered a step up. there is no penalty for not clearing it.

Good to hear no one got hurt. It's getting a little too close to ski season for any of that business.

I keep telling myself the same thing...

yeah, i keep telling myself that too. a split second longer at the top of the roller i did wouldve been disastorous. i hit my rear brakes too hard on the approach and started to get sideways. it wouldve been about 8 or 9 feet of near vertical down a rock face on my side. one of the guys congratulated me for doing it then immediately started giving me a tutorial on how to use my FRONT brakes. :dunce:

Greg

Staff member
I'd agree with that assesment. Way back, and i wont use this reference anymore, but when i was racing motocross that wouldve been considered a step up. there is no penalty for not clearing it.

Just my kind of hit. Since I rarely man up enough to hit things at speed... :roll: :lol:

2knees

Just my kind of hit. Since I rarely man up enough to hit things at speed... :roll: :lol:

the beauty of that hit was you could make it as big or as mellow as you wanted to. I had credit card air the first time off it and then went for it a little harder the second time. It was smooth either way too. I'm gonna be dreamin about this stuff tonight.

bvibert

Staff member

Bastard, I was just going to post that. ;)

WH.jpg

MR. evil

same here!! did a nice local ride with my son and JP yesterday afternoon....nothing compared to what you animals did!! Hope you guys kick those colds!

steveo

It probably a good thing you didn't make this ride. There were just way too many chances for you to wreck:razz: