• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3.19.11 - MogulProShop.com Bump Competition

2knees

great job dork. thanks. cant believe how big people were going off those. there were alot of flat landings.

SkiDork

hoo hah!!! The new version is MUCH better, worth the wait. I'm uploading to sportsnetamerica now. Stand by.

Full screen will be very viewable.

gmcunni

put all the clips Jake took into a single video. my crappy (free) editing software could not compensate for the filter so it looks very blue. will try again tomorrow to clean it up a bit more.

don't know who anybody is except for the slow guy.

MogulQueen

this is the new version, although as of when this post was made it was still cooking at the host.

http://www.sportsnetamerica.com/node/180101

Worth a look when its ready

Thank you so much for putting this together. I can't imagine it fun being stuck behind a camera the whole day! I appreciate your patience. Wow, it is really humbling to watch yourself. Not that I thought I was anything great, but man, I'm really slow.

Madroch

Thanks Dork and everyone else. I have some (limited) film I started to edit last night, will finish up tonight and post.

Watched Better Off Dead for the first time Sat. night after Bump or Bust...can't believe I never saw it before.

SkiDork

I can't imagine it fun being stuck behind a camera the whole day! I appreciate your patience.

Actually its very fun (for me). I started out about 5 years ago just filming Iceman with a hand held vidcam. Then I learned that a tripod was essential. Then I figured as long as I'm there I might as well get the whole team. Its been a work in progress. But the most rewarding piece is being able to watch the runs over and over again at home. Thats worth essentially missing them live (having to look at them through the tiny view screen).

I also film the ramping when I go to Lake Placid to bring Iceman home.

Here's all the video I do for the team:

http://killington.jefflanka.info/videos.html

skiadikt

some great skiing by everyone. nice job on the video dork. you've got a new career. curious does anyone know what music/band that comes in at around the 1 hr mark. runs for quite a while.

SkiDork

some great skiing by everyone. nice job on the video dork. you've got a new career. curious does anyone know what music/band that comes in at around the 1 hr mark. runs for quite a while.

could I take video editing lessons from you? I really want to get better, its frustrating at times knowing I could do it so much better...

Yeah - I really like that country sounding tune with the fiddle. Great soundtrack for moguls... Not sure who it is

2knees

I dont think you could have a closer match then Frank and whoever he was skiing against. that and i dont think either one of them ever actually turned. :razz:

Also, Bart had KC for about 2/3rds of his duel. too bad he couldnt squeack that out.

mondeo

I dont think you could have a closer match then Frank and whoever he was skiing against. that and i dont think either one of them ever actually turned. :razz:

Also, Bart had KC for about 2/3rds of his duel. too bad he couldnt squeack that out.
After Bart jumped on 3...

SkiDork

What I noticed about the course was the advantage of the left (red) line. Folks who were seemingly behind prior to the 2nd air always caught up or pulled ahead if they were skiing the red course.

mondeo

What I noticed about the course was the advantage of the left (red) line. Folks who were seemingly behind prior to the 2nd air always caught up or pulled ahead if they were skiing the red course.
Yep, that's what happens when the course bends. Plus I think the outside line of the red course had smaller bumps than the blue; there were a lot of people who weren't taking the lines directly into and out of the jumps.

Last edited:

SkiDork

Yep, that's what happens when the course bends. Plus I think the outside line of the red course had smaller bumps than the blue; there was a lot of people who weren't taking the lines directly into and out of the jumps.

Actually Iceman was commenting on his sister's final dual against Juliette - at times she was skiing out of the bumps and he thought Ally should get it because she stayed in the bumps the whole time. I think there were others who did that on the lower red section.

2knees

Yep, that's what happens when the course bends. Plus I think the outside line of the red course had smaller bumps than the blue; there was a lot of people who weren't taking the lines directly into and out of the jumps.

True, but if you watch, most of the people came out of the start much slower on the red line.

And then there was Dave who after the bottom air completely went out of the bumps on the red course.