• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any bets if Hunter starts making snow this week?

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
Tuesday
Night

Mostly
Clear

Low: 25 °F
Wednesday

Sunny

High: 42 °F

Wednesday
Night

Mostly
Clear

Low: 26 °F

Thursday

Mostly
Sunny

High: 41 °F

Thursday
Night

Partly
Cloudy

Low: 20 °F

Friday

Partly
Sunny

High: 39 °F

Friday
Night

Partly
Cloudy

Low: 23 °F

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Did they say when are they going to start making snow?

It's ironic how Hunter plans on opening 5 days before Platty plans on opening.

skiersleft

It's really sad how Hunter is not communicating effectively with their customer base. They have the best snowmaking system in the region and arguably have the best snowmaking system in the country. They've had good temps to blow at night for 4 or 5 nights in a row and they still have them at night for 2 to 3 more nights. They could've been open by Thanksgiving. They could've been a contender!!

ScottySkis

It's really sad how Hunter is not communicating effectively with their customer base. They have the best snowmaking system in the region and arguably have the best snowmaking system in the country. They've had good temps to blow at night for 4 or 5 nights in a row and they still have them at night for 2 to 3 more nights. They could've been open by Thanksgiving. They could've been a contender!!

If they opened for T day I pretty sure I would have went their, I now conserding Mount Snow depending on how much is open.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
My thinking is, to be open top to bottom by the 1st Saturday, they will start on the Wednesday before, if it's cold enough, they could start then and have a couple trials open.............remember "Snow Making Capitol of the World" the power that they have in snowmaking has not gotten any less, and those little new stick guns make a great product!

dmc

December 1st is what i heard...
Lights are still on at night at the Upper 6pack and D..

Nobodies really happy about this as it's been pretty cold at night..

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Makes you wonder about their profitability from the pain sustained via 2011/12.

No question there was pain. Not exclusive to Hunter.

Defer to DMC, but I'll be surprised if a Saturday goes by with a Cats hill open, while Hunter is closed.

Last year Hunter proved that they make their decisions based on what they think is best, and don't bend to pressure.

Last edited:

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
No question there was pain. Not exclusive to Hunter.

Defer to DMC, but I'll be surprised if a Saturday goes by with a Cats hill open, while Hunter is closed.

Last year Hunter proved that they make their decisions based on what they think is best, and don't bend to pressure.

They never cared what people think. They do what they please.