• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SLC to Park city transportation?

FRITOLAYGUY

Has anyone made the journey directly from the airport to park city mountain or the town in general, whats the best way to go without breaking the bank a taxi, a shuttle a shared shuttle theres alot of options.. THis would be for 4 people minimal luggage all carry ons , any advise would help trip is in 3weeks. thx.

abc

Just price the shuttle then.

I found if I'm only there for a long weekend, the shuttle cost more than the rental car!

And if I'm staying for a full week, I want the car so I can go some place else.

Talisman

I would just rent a grocery rocket for short $ on price line. If the best snow is in LCC or BCC you may want to drive over. The shuttles I saw were fairly expensive and slow. You get free skiing on the day you arrive at PC.

snowmonster

I was at Park City last December and rented a car. I regretted it. The bus system within the town is free and gets you anywhere you want. Of course, if you plan to move around between PC and the Cottonwoods and Ogden, then rent a car. However, make sure it's a 4-wheel drive. Those snowstorms can be nasty.

FRITOLAYGUY

I would just rent a grocery rocket for short $ on price line. If the best snow is in LCC or BCC you may want to drive over. The shuttles I saw were fairly expensive and slow. You get free skiing on the day you arrive at PC.

Unfortunately not true, they stop the free sking from right before Vday til april 1st, for what they call "peak season"

FRITOLAYGUY

I was at Park City last December and rented a car. I regretted it. The bus system within the town is free and gets you anywhere you want. Of course, if you plan to move around between PC and the Cottonwoods and Ogden, then rent a car. However, make sure it's a 4-wheel drive. Those snowstorms can be nasty.

We are just staying right at the base of PCMR not going anywhere else maybe canyons one day but skiing 2 if not all 3 days right there at pcmr

FRITOLAYGUY

snowmonster

We are just staying right at the base of PCMR not going anywhere else maybe canyons one day but skiing 2 if not all 3 days right there at pcmr
This is exactly what we did. We stayed 3 nights at the base of PCMR. Skied Deer Valley and Canyons but not PCMR. If we're talking about the same place, the bus stop is right in front. Unless the shuttle cost will be much more expensive than renting a car, the shuttle makes more sense.

FRITOLAYGUY

This is exactly what we did. We stayed 3 nights at the base of PCMR. Skied Deer Valley and Canyons but not PCMR. If we're talking about the same place, the bus stop is right in front. Unless the shuttle cost will be much more expensive than renting a car, the shuttle makes more sense.

Im just talking about getting from the airport to the base of pcmr and then back to the airport when we are done

gmcunni

just because i was curious and bored, best rate i found was $40 / per person 1 way

http://www.allresort.com/ratesservices.aspx

so $320 for all 4 of you round trip

1 week rental for car (full size / ford taurus) = $250 @ thrifty for week 2/17 - 2/23

taurus not ideal car for the area but just going to/from resort the roads should be pretty good.

thetrailboss

Staff member
ANy ones you recommend? I dont wanna be on one that stops at 15 places before it finally gets to my destination ya know?

Not really. I can only say call some of the folks I suggested or ask the place you are staying for a recommendation.

Hawkshot99

When I went out a few yrs ago, we got a "taxi" to take us from the airport to slopeside at the Canyons. There were 5 guys total with gear. We also had a single guy in there with us that was dropped off a few blocks before us. My share of the round trip was $40. They picked us up at the time we told them, and was very easy. In PC you do not need a car. There is lots of free shuttles all over town.

keyser soze

You can rent an economy car for 7 days including the presidents day weekend for $208 tax included thru Hotwire. Daytrips charges $200 but does not include the tip, but of course the car rental does not include gas. I could never go somewhere and not have a car to get around unless there was substantial savings. I just don't have the patience to be tied in to a bus schedule, even if the shuttles come by frequently.

However, some people don't have a problem with it. You aren't likely to find a shuttle ride to PC from the airport cheaper than Daytrips unless you hitchhike:)