• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Turkey Day

Smellytele

Please... I would be very thankful.:snow:
590x451_11221517_severe1.png

mbedle

I think all of us on the east coast are praying for this to dump some good snow. My local hill is looking to open on Friday and this would really help.

C-Rex

Thinking about pissing my family off and heading up for turkey day. Especially if this hits like I'm hoping.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dlague

Thinking about pissing my family off and heading up for turkey day. Especially if this hits like I'm hoping.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My family is thinking along the same line! Skip Turkey Day with their uncles, aunts and cousins!

drjeff

Well I have heard Wed may be r@1n now...
The plot thickens

Latest model runs this AM are suggesting that the low will track up somewhere to the West of the NY/VT border, and at the start at least have basically all of New England on the warm side of the system with liquid precip, and potentially a few inches of liquid precip hitting Tuesday night/Wednesday through about lunchtime or so, with some back side upsloping squalls likely after the system has passed and starts to drag some cold air down.

The "good" thing is that it looks to be a much quicker moving, although still "moisture rich" than it did a few days ago, so the warm, liquid stuff will get out of here quicker.

Just like any New England storm, the track of the low makes a BIG difference, and if it moves a bit further East, then Western New England and the Adirondacks are more likely to be a majority frozen event. Even if it's more liquid than frozen, the glass half full then becomes that snowmaking ponds and the streams that feed them get a bit of a refreshing from the last week plus of snowmaking drain and will have more "ammo" for the cold air moving in behind this system

Smellytele

Even if it's more liquid than frozen, the glass half full then becomes that snowmaking ponds and the streams that feed them get a bit of a refreshing from the last week plus of snowmaking drain and will have more "ammo" for the cold air moving in behind this system

The glass half empty - It will drag in colder than normal air behind it and the liquid freezes and everything becomes a frozen mess.

HowieT2

The glass half empty - It will drag in colder than normal air behind it and the liquid freezes and everything becomes a frozen mess.

I think thats inevitable at this point. heavy rain wednesday for all.

drjeff

Actually the warm air is aloft so even if we did it might be non-snow

Exactly with this one! It might be in the 30's down at base level, but in the 40's and 50's up at 5,000ft+ in this storm. There's going to be a "race track" of warm air out ahead of this front streaming right at New England from the Gulf of Mexico.