• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2 Day Illness ! Bretton Woods and Cannon

JDMRoma

Left early on Wednesday morning to show up at Bretton Woods at 6:30am…to bad they didint open till 9.Had a good nap and got right out at opening. 3 or 4 inches down when I got there and snowed most of the day, All trails were skiing really well,took a late lunch and came back out to Major Dumping / Puking for a few hours. Started out in the glades and they were all good with the new cover,all natural trails had lots of fun powder, ended up skiing right till the closing bell.

Didn't feel like the long drive home so I grabbed a room at the Profile Deluxe on Rt 3,went out for a few beers and crashed for the night. Woke up and headed to Cannon for the day.

Vista Way was my first run…..Couldnt believe how much snow was in there…best I have seen it. I did multiple runs on Vista and headed over to Upper Ravine….UR was SWEET with all the new snow although it had been groomed :( Skylight was a surprise for me…NOT groomed and it had deep powder on it….was a blast for sure.
only bummer was they were still making snow on Cannonball so the lift ride was not to enjoyable ….doable though.UpperCannon was awesome and just about everything was great. looks like they should be opening Cannonball soon…so much snow on it now.
The front 5 all skied good too still powder and bumps on the sides of all trails, centers got a little icy in-between the snow piles but still fun.
Hope the report make sense….Im overtired !

Looks like I will head into work tomorrow for some much needed rest…get ready for saturday.

So bottom line, both places are skiing well…get out there and enjoy it !