• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elan PSX predator 173cm - mogul ski?

flightschool

Looking for a little help/info on a ski.

I ski 173 blackeye TIs normally. I want something different for the bumps, I don't really like the way the blackeyes feel. They are heavy and stiff and I feel like I have trouble controlling them. I'm 6'1 165lbs.

I have an old pair of Elan PSX predators 173cm. I think they might be better because they are lighter, softer, thinner. Is anyone familiar with the ski? Do you think it is worth getting it tuned up and trying them on moguls?

thanks.

Savemeasammy

The review makes it sound like a beginner/intermediate ski, so my vote would be no. Perhaps you could get a pair of mogul skis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

Fwiw, I demoed a pair of Blackeye's. I didn't mind them in the bumps, but they wanted to carve - not always the way to go in the bumps - and I did not like the flared up tail. It was too easy to lose the skis out from under me when I got on the tails!

flightschool

Fwiw, I demoed a pair of Blackeye's. I didn't mind them in the bumps, but they wanted to carve - not always the way to go in the bumps - and I did not like the flared up tail. It was too easy to lose the skis out from under me when I got on the tails!

The blackeyes seem to work ok in smaller sized bumps or well skied in bumps. When the moguls are big or not skied in, they struggle, which makes me struggle even more.

flightschool

The review makes it sound like a beginner/intermediate ski, so my vote would be no. Perhaps you could get a pair of mogul skis?

I figured since it was a full wood core it might be decent... oh well

Savemeasammy

You could always try the elans in the bumps for a run or 2. You never know, I guess... Tune 'em up if you like them.

goldsbar

A beginners ski is often just a soft ski. It's not like they change the whole recipe. Probably perfect for bumps.