• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Line Report?

dlague

At Magic - holy sh!t. The lift line is super long! One chair running - Black chair! They hope to get Red chair going! BTW the Black chair is a slow triple

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392480995.255626.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1392481186.931700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

gregnye

Any reports from Cannon?? I'd love to see that line on the Loon Gondola right now as well lol :p

xwhaler

Whaleback is starting to look mighty nice. What's a full day?

I think $40 but if u have an MSC card it's 2 for 1 everyday. Long drive for u but really fun terrain for its size

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

bobbutts

At least you have a near empty hill at Magic for the way down. Any idea how long the line actually is? 1hr?

MadMadWorld

[Originally posted by Gravity]:

Hey - its been so slow here. I'll check if anybody is listening: First let me point out that I snowboard *and* ski, though now that I'm out east I don't snowboard much because I liked it very much in the powder but not so much on the firm stuff. Both sports are awesome. But with kids wanting to talk about whats more "radical" than what. Here is a fun exercise: Look up what the speed record is on skis & snowboard. Compare and discuss ) Look up what the distance jumping record is on both. Look up what the height landed jumping record is on both. Look up what the record for # of tricks in the air on one jump. I know the answers, but the search is part of the fun!

I would say yea about an hour judging by how far back it is. But yea the trails are probably not crowded at all.

Not sure how that happened

drjeff

Well, Mount Snow says the Bluebird Express is down due to a mechanical failure so I'd guess that lines for the Grand Summot are 20-30 minutes.

Bluebird started loading about an hour ago - looking out the window of The Station Taproom now, the BB has a line under 10 min, and the Grand Summit + Canyon are less than 5. Sunbrook had 5-10 min lines a little while ago and the North face was under 5 minutes - haven't been over to Carinthia since about 8:40! I think that the BB being down for the morning (there was apparently some minor damage yesterday PM to the summit terminal as they were operating in winds at its limits) that had to be fixed and then an inspector had to certify it before it could open today) really spread folks out around the mountain in an atypical way.

The snow is GREAT though - tons of soft chop/soft pack/soft bumps all over the place - still some untouched pockets here and there although if it was exposed to the winds yesterday/last night it's got a solid layer of wind slab on it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

skifree

Bluebird started loading about an hour ago - looking out the window of The Station Taproom now, the BB has a line under 10 min, and the Grand Summit + Canyon are less than 5. Sunbrook had 5-10 min lines a little while ago and the North face was under 5 minutes - haven't been over to Carinthia since about 8:40! I think that the BB being down for the morning (there was apparently some minor damage yesterday PM to the summit terminal as they were operating in winds at its limits) that had to be fixed and then an inspector had to certify it before it could open today) really spread folks out around the mountain in an atypical way.

The snow is GREAT though - tons of soft chop/soft pack/soft bumps all over the place - still some untouched pockets here and there although if it was exposed to the winds yesterday/last night it's got a solid layer of wind slab on it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app
We almost got blown out of the bluebird in the afternoon yesterday near the summit . actually surprised it kept spinning

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Wow. That's crazy.

Savemeasammy

Please check in with how wait times are.

Good thread idea. I was thinking the same sort of thing.

I was amazed at the lack of lines at Pats Peak today. A few times we MAY have waited for 1 minute. I was expecting the worst, and was really pleased. Pats is definitely a small mountain, but the lack of lines might be appealing to some. I will probably head back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app