• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 23 Sat and Sunday weather this week questions and answers needed

ScottySkis

where will it sniw in the north east or spring conditions i have spring pass card for Hinter but really want to go to Vt so what ppl here think weather for upcoming week. Vt i want either 40 degrrees and sunny or more snow this week with nono freeze warm up i think if ci go to VT i love to hear how MRV condtions might be.

MommaBear

I'm with you Scotty - 40's and sunshine, or more snow with no rain or freezeup. Missed out on it all this past week. Heading somewhere in VT this coming weekend!

4aprice

Heard a little snow for northern vermont on Wed/Thurs. Nothing major though, maybe 4-8"

Think the good news is no major warm up in sight so what's there should still ski fine. From what I've read no major snows in sight, however, JB showed the MJO going into favorable phases for cold, so I think there is still hope. Still gunning for a least the 3rd week in April, so hopefully we can get still one more fairly major storm.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'll cherry pick what NWS BTV is saying:
AS OF 440 AM EDT MONDAY.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT
A LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED FOR MOST SECTIONS OF THE NORTH
COUNTRY...1-3" BUT WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMTS ACROSS THE HIGHER
TERRAIN (AROUND 4")

MODEST NW FLOW UPSLOPE EVENT ANTICIPATED THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY
MORNING COULD SEE SEVERAL
ADDITIONAL INCHES OF SNOW ALONG THE WRN SLOPES OF THE GREEN MTNS AND
ACROSS THE HIGHER SUMMITS OF THE GREENS AND ADIRONDACKS.

THE NEXT CHANCE FOR SNOWFALL ACROSS THE
NORTH COUNTRY ON SATURDAY AFTN THRU SATURDAY NIGHT
COULD SEE AN ADVISORY LEVEL SNOWFALL
WITH 3-6" ACROSS THE AREA SAT AFTN/SAT NIGHT

I'm in it for three days starting friday I'm ready for another big hurrah! :daffy:

Bring it on Santa!

g10_poll_santa_sleigh1.jpg

BenedictGomez

While any snow is good snow, you frankly dont "need" any additional snow to have fantastic conditions in central/northern Vermont for the upcoming weekend.

hammer

The warmup during the day was about the best thing that could have happened at Magic on Saturday (provided your skis had a decent coat of wax on the bases). I'd think that these cold temps we have been having are just going to freeze things up.

4aprice

The warmup during the day was about the best thing that could have happened at Magic on Saturday (provided your skis had a decent coat of wax on the bases). I'd think that these cold temps we have been having are just going to freeze things up.

I was at Bromley the day after Magic. It was cold, cold, cold (Did I mention it was cold?) Even that March sun wasn't able to do much on that southern exposure. Aside for the very peak which was windblown, the surfaces were quite good and the woods skied fine.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

I may be spoiled, but to me, 'fantastic conditions' automatically implies fresh snow.

Yes, you're spoiled.

There's a chance for at least 6" for central/northern VT on Wednesday afternoon through evening. This could "sneak up" on people if the Canadian model is correct.

Then on Saturday there could again be a decent hit. Figures too since I'll be skiing Friday and Saturday and supposed to leave Sunday morning. But if the modeled ~8" fresh does wind up falling, I will definitely be buying a 1/2 day 8am - Noon ticket on Sunday.

abc

Be careful about the Thursday "event". Temperature forecast is above freezing. So I'm not sure if it'll come down as rain. :( (I know, I'm here in VT and really hope it won't rain, but for anyone who's still planning, let's be realistic)

steamboat1

Be careful about the Thursday "event". Temperature forecast is above freezing. So I'm not sure if it'll come down as rain. :( (I know, I'm here in VT and really hope it won't rain, but for anyone who's still planning, let's be realistic)

Don't know what forecasts your looking at. The ones I've seen are calling for below freezing temps all week.

By the way the next major storm will be Wed. the 26th.