• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trail reports

Smellytele

I was just looking at the Pico trail report and it shows no trails open. A real time report only makes sense when the ski area is open. I like to know before I go someplace what is and isn't open. It is now passed their opening time and it still shows everything closed. In the written part it does mention some things that are opened but not on the trail/lift section below.

Also not sure why some ski areas report what will be open the next day and others do not.

podunk77

I had a blast today at Pico's Opening Day, but they've never struck me as a place that tries to attract a lot of new business through their online presence. The typical Pico skier has been going there for years. For a while today they were handing out chocolate chip cookies in the lift line, though, so maybe things are changing a little. :D

Last edited:

WWF-VT

Pick up the phone and call the guest service desk if you aren't getting the information you need on the website

Smellytele

They had over 2 freakin feet of snow. You need a trail report?

Yes I wanted to see if the glades were inplay what was going to be open over in the outpost. Many other ski areas still had more closed. It turned out to be a great day with great conditions and not a sign of a line more than 3 minutes. The glades were great as well. bumps were great on giant killer and over in the outpost and quite a few other trails. Not over groomer in the least. Great day

Last edited:

C-Rex

I get what you're saying. The weather might look good but that doesn't mean they are going to drop the ropes or spin certain lifts. Pico probably could have been 100% open on Saturday when I was there, but they didn't run one of the lifts for some reason.

I really wish mountains would update their snow reports earlier in the morning too. Knowing they were getting snow over night is great but I'd really like a good idea of what they got when I set out. I think 6 AM isn't too much to ask.

steamboat1

I get what you're saying. The weather might look good but that doesn't mean they are going to drop the ropes or spin certain lifts. Pico probably could have been 100% open on Saturday when I was there, but they didn't run one of the lifts for some reason.

I really wish mountains would update their snow reports earlier in the morning too. Knowing they were getting snow over night is great but I'd really like a good idea of what they got when I set out. I think 6 AM isn't too much to ask.
They announced in their Fri. report which lifts would be operating Sat.also saying over 25 trails would be open. I even posted it on this site Fri.

Current Conditions

(as of Friday, December 12, 2014)
Welcome back Pico skiers and riders! As many of you know, Pico will open for the season on Saturday, December 13th. Mother Nature has been very generous this week, dropping more than two feet of snow on Pico's slopes. That generosity, combined with hard work from Pico Mountain's own snowmakers, will make Saturday an opening day to remember. Expect more than 25 trails served by 4 lifts - the Golden Express, Summit Express, Outpost Double and Bonanza. Make plans to be at Pico Mountain Saturday and stay tuned for a more trail report as we get closer to opening day.

Smellytele

They announced in their Fri. report which lifts would be operating Sat. I even posted it on this site Fri.

I agree they did with the lifts - that they did in the written part. They did say that only 40 something trails would be open when they actually had 50 something. I couldn't tell if they were counting glades or not...

I was just trying to make a informed decision on whether to head there or K. I chose Pico and was glad I did.

steamboat1

Pico probably could have been 100% open on Saturday when I was there, but they didn't run one of the lifts for some reason.
Even when the Little Pico chair is running B-slope is usually reserved for racing. I haven't seen the Knomes Knoll lift operate in years, not even sure if it's still operational anymore.