• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Three Places you intend to visit this year that you haven't yet!

RustyGroomer

Anyone who answered Magic. I'd be happy to make some turns & show you around. My new places to visit are all there. :)

Website
www.nebackcountry.blogspot.com
That is a long, tough approach from Lincoln. Much shorter going up and over.

I was originally thinking that Lincoln would be better to avoid getting trapped on the wrong side of the ridge by bad weather.. especially on a multi-day trip. And to avoid having to climb the whole slide at the end of the day to get back home if the conditions are dicey at the top of the slide (cornices, ice buldges, etc.) ... But the more I think about it, the more I come to the conclusion that you don't want to be on that slide with any bad weather or dicey conditions up top (even wind)... and you would probably only want to attempt with a clear weather window either way.

Bolton Valley
Berkshire East
Crotched

Bolton and Crotched especially. I often go past the Crotch and haven't stopped, but due to the positive things I've read about on here, I'll be trying to go this year. I have a friend who rents out a place at Bolton and we are trying to get something figured out this year. I've heard that the terrain is very diverse for its size.

emmaurice2

MRG--I say this every year. Maybe this will be the year it actually happens.
Wildcat
Attitash

Hoping to ski out west for the first time, too.

Savemeasammy

Gore
Whiteface
Saddleback

Also Bolton Valley is a day trip, and I have the fox 44 card... Owls Head is intriguing. We'll see on that one...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This didn't happen...! It won't happen this year, either. We opted out of fox 44 card, so Gore and Whiteface are not likely at all.

I am traveling from my in-laws' house to Maine today, and my route brings me through Bethel. I will be making the short detour to ski Sunday River for the first time.

I will also likely ski at Ragged and maybe Gunstock with the warren miller vouchers. I've been to each place once, but it's been at least 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

I do not have any plans to ski anything new this year. Plan on hitting Vail and Keystone (Keystone isn't my choice but It will be fun anyway) for the first time since 97

tnt1234

Magic
Bromley
Sugarloaf (Or sunday river....we haven't decided yet...)

dlague

Loveland, A Basin, Copper and bonus will be ....... Vail or Breck or possibly Keystone. My son is skiing there this entire weekend so we will see about that.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

crank

I have never seen Middlebury College Snowbowl mentioned so many times anywhere ever. What is even weirder is that it is on my list to try this year as well. Kevin and I know an instructor there through our hanging with Epic Ski folks so I plan to hit it and get a tour.

Going to Telluride in Feb.

Don't really have a third new area though I am hoping to skin and ski Mt Moosilauke this winter.

I generally get 1 - 3 new places per year and though I haven't counted in a while I think I have skied about 90 different areas.

So last season I made it to Telluride but not Middlebury or Mt. Moosilauke. Had an opportunity to ski Middlebury with some Epicskiers but opted for Smuggs that day instead mainly due to precipitation that was trending colder and whiter farther north. Would have been a great year for the Moosilauke tour...for some reason I did no At skiing last season but a lot of XC closer to home.

This season I am adding Aspen and Snowmass for certain.

jimk

I do not have any plans to ski anything new this year. Plan on hitting Vail and Keystone (Keystone isn't my choice but It will be fun anyway) for the first time since 97

There are some friendly bump runs and pretty glades at Keystone.
Geronimo:
LL

Timberwolf:
LL

So last season I made it to Telluride but not Middlebury or Mt. Moosilauke. Had an opportunity to ski Middlebury with some Epicskiers but opted for Smuggs that day instead mainly due to precipitation that was trending colder and whiter farther north. Would have been a great year for the Moosilauke tour...for some reason I did no At skiing last season but a lot of XC closer to home.

This season I am adding Aspen and Snowmass for certain.

I think I am going to get two days at Telluride in late Jan before Aspen. Never been there. What were a couple of highlights for you terrain-wise? I know I hope to get into Revelation Bowl on a clear day when the scenery pops.
Not my pic:
Ski%20Revelation%20Bowl%20a.jpg

I might get to Deer Valley for the first time this winter, but not certain yet.

xwhaler

Likely no new ones for me this yr. Very slim chances though: Mt Abram, Bromley, S6, King Pine

xwhaler

Actually come to think of it may go do S6

May pair S6 with Whaleback on a powder day. S6 cheap midweek and have a BOGO then hit Whale on way back when they open at 1 or 3.....low competition for decently pitched fresh turns

catsup948

New Mountains for me this season-

Whaleback
Pats Peak
Possibly Crotched, S6 Skiway, Abram, King Pine

Returned after a few years-

Cannon, BW, Wildcat, Gunny, magic, smuggs
Possibly Tenney, WV, Tash, Cranmore

dlague

There are some friendly bump runs and pretty glades at Keystone.
Geronimo:
LL

Timberwolf:
LL

I think I am going to get two days at Telluride in late Jan before Aspen. Never been there. What were a couple of highlights for you terrain-wise? I know I hope to get into Revelation Bowl on a clear day when the scenery pops.
Not my pic:
Ski%20Revelation%20Bowl%20a.jpg

I might get to Deer Valley for the first time this winter, but not certain yet.

My son was at Keystone yesterday and the night before. Today he was at A basin.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone